Monday, May 27, 2013

Project - Day Four

Well, our weekend is over, but our project is not.  We got a LOT done though and, for that, I am so thankful!  The rain stayed away again today and we were able to finish up a few things and start another one.




This is the "Before" picture of our patio area.  It had become overgrown and the sandbox wasn't used much anymore.




This is the "After".  We decided to create this faux patio area.  I was hoping we could use it and put furniture on it, but I don't think it's going to be level enough for that, unfortunately.




So, honestly, I'm not sure what to use this space for now.  Maybe my super-crafty besties, Michelle and Teresa, will have some ideas.. hint, hint.





For right now, the kids are enjoying using it as a space to play tag.  They thought it was a lot of fun and played on it for quite a while after we finished.




We finished the area where the kids pulled up the daisies yesterday.  We have daffodils and lilies under there now, so hopefully they will come up again in the spring.  We hope to add rocks all around the rest of the house, to build it up a bit more too.



Even though we were tired after 4 long days of work, Pete decided we might as well start the new mailbox area.  So, we dug up the grass, added pavers and poured the concrete around the new pole.  Hopefully, later in the week, I'll have more "Before" and "After" pics to share.  The fire pit that we wanted to build will have to come in the coming weeks.  The weather could only cooperate for so long and our bodies could only cooperate for so long!  Hope you liked seeing our progress. :-)  We're pretty proud of all the hard work we did!


No comments: