Friday, May 17, 2013

The End

Last night and today was our last day with our 2s.  I don't think it's sunk in that it's over.  I'm always sad to see it end, because with 2s, they tend to forget you a little and that sweet relationship you build with them over the year is lost.  They might say Hi or wave shyly at you, but it's never the same.  Just have to count your blessings that you got to add a little to their lives when you could and take those sweet memories with you of the time you spent together.



Last night we met with our Thursday night class.  This class started off with just 4 kids and it wasn't until March that we got 2 more and then in April we got another 1!  Those three little ones that started late this year will join us again next year, so I'm really excited about that. :-)  We had the best time at one of our local parks.  This one didn't have any swings or slides, but they played with chalk and bubbles and a frisbee.  They chased a squirrel, played in the fountain, and climbed cannons too.  It was SO much fun!!  They all sat really sweetly for this picture.  How could I not love my job with such amazing students?!  And, because it's a parent/child class, I've had the joy of getting to know the parents as well and have formed great relationships with them all.




Last year we didn't get a chance to sing our goodbye song before we all went our separate ways, but this year we did.  I brought a big blanket and before we left to go back to the school, we all sat down, sang our special song, and got great, big hugs and lots of high fives from each of them.  What a joy for us!!




Today went a little differently.  We met in our classroom like we did last night, then we had everyone jump in their cars and drive to another local park where the 4s were playing.  We sat and had some drinks, before doing our goodbye song and getting all our goodbye hugs.  Our Thurs night class has always been full of sweet, quiet little ones.  This group is full of energetic, excited little ones that are always ready to tackle their day full-force!  Way too much fun!





Because of that boundless energy, our picture with them wasn't quite as smooth as the one we took the night before, but it's so perfect for them.  So cute and so funny and seriously the best way to end our time with them!  It is always hard to say goodbye, but just like our Thursday night class, we had 2 that had a late start, so they will join us next year too.  So, we'll have 5 returning, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them again in the fall.  I love each and every one of these amazing explorers and wish them the absolute best this summer and the coming years!

No comments: