I've been taking pictures of things over the past week or so that I haven't actually blogged about. And, honestly, I'm so busy with school preparation/preschool preparations/sunday school preparations that I don't feel like splitting them all up. So, here you go....a combined post of randomness.
Last Thursday we got to go to Madie's "Art Show". This is where all the Photography Camp students got to display their favorite pictures. I was really excited to see what she picked! All the photos were hanging on clothesline and mixed together with the younger class.
There was a small treat table with cookies and lemonade and Miss Annette's dog was lounging on the couch. The kids loved petting her, while snacking on the cookies. :-)
This is the picture that Madie chose. She was so excited that it looked "professional". We were really proud of her!
In other news, I worked on finding addresses and contact information on all of my high school classmates, because our 20th (gasp!) reunion is coming up next month. Thankfully, a couple other of my classmates worked on getting the location booked and making name tags and all that, because printing up all the invites AND finding all the addresses ate up enough of my time! I've found everyone, but two, which isn't bad for a class size of 74. I'm not really taking any time to search for them anymore either. I figured I put enough work into it and I know, even if I found those two people, they would never come, so I'm sitting back and calling that job COMPLETE! Now, I'm just going to enjoy getting excited about seeing some of my classmates again. :-)
Lastly, we went to the school today and got to see the new portable classrooms they've set up for the Preschool, K, and 1st graders, whose classrooms are still under construction inside the school. They don't expect them to be done until Jan, so they needed to have a temp home and these trailers are it! I have a few pictures from inside the school, but I've been asked not to post about them, so I won't. I may after everything is fixed and back to normal, but not until. We start school next Wed, so less than a week from today, and the school is a MESS! There is still so much work to be done to get everything ready to go. When we were there, there were boxes of new books (since they lost nearly all the books due to flooding and mold) lining the main hallway and a table of people working on stamping them all. The multi-purpose room is packed to the gills with chairs and desks that still need to be moved into the temp classrooms. So much to do, but there are lots of volunteers helping make sure it's all ready for the students on the 21st. Going to be an interesting first day, I believe!
So, there you have it. Several different things that I needed to post about and never got around to it. It's been a very busy summer and looks to be an even busier school year! Gonna be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment