Monday, August 26, 2013

Catching Up...

All I'm doing lately with these posts is catching up!  Once again I am a couple days late in posting about the girls and I going to the Adagio Recital.  I have a feeling it's going to be like this for the next few months as my busyness increases and my down time is spent relaxing and watching "Duck Dynasty" with the family, instead of sitting and posting on the blog.  But, at least I'm still posting, right?





Saturday night we got tickets from a friend, so we could go to the Adagio recital.  Adagio is another local dance company.  They focus more on modern dance/hip hop/etc.., while our dance company focuses more on the classical dance.  It's fun to see our differences and watch them perform.  I think I've mentioned this before, but we actually know more people at that dance studio than we do our own.  Mostly because I have several former/current students involved there, since the studio's owner and instructor sends her kids to our school.  In fact, I'll have her and her son in our 2s class this year.  Fun!  It was a wonderful show and we didn't have to deal with any crazy people sitting in front of us like we did at ours.  Nothing better than a drama-free experience, so you can just sit back and enjoy the show. :-)




We were able to go backstage and see our friends and congratulate them on a job well done.  Miss Tess was fantastic and sassy, as always.  We always LOVE watching her perform!!  Tessa is actually Noah's age, but you can see how much taller she is than Madie (and me for that matter!).




Madie's friend, Sam, was also in it, so Madie took the time to tell her what a great job she did too!  They are in the same grade and were cheerleaders together last year.  She's also a Type 1, so we have something in common. :-)





As we were leaving, we ran into our friend Jenna and were able to congratulate her as well.  All the girls and boys did a wonderful job and we had the best time watching them!  Pete and Noah stayed home, obviously, since Noah's not a huge fan of watching dance routines.  They went on a long bike ride together and had a lot of fun daddy/son time.




In other news, Livie got her expander out today.  Hooray!  She has been anxiously awaiting this day.  She said she even dreamt last night that she ripped the expander out of her mouth and threw it across the room.  Guess she was REALLY ready to get rid of it!  Two of the things she missed most were apples and Doritos.  She wanted to go to Subway for lunch (since she was missing lunch at school), so she could get both of those things.  I mentioned on FB that I did a little something different with her hair today.  I put it up in 3 messy buns and she HATED it.  In fact, she cried all morning about it.  Thought it looked stupid and wanted to hide in her room for the rest of her life.  Pete told her if she got one compliment today, she wasn't allowed to complain about it ever again.  When I picked her up from school, I asked if she got one compliment and she said she did.  Her friend Julianna told her she looked like an alien and now, she loves it!  She wants me to do her hair like that every day.  I need to remember she's not like most girls.  Telling her she is beautiful and adorable is not the key to her heart.  Telling her she looks like a 3-eyeballed alien or a ferocious yeti or a blood-sucking vampire is much more complimentary to her and makes her enormously happy. :-)

No comments: