This has been a crazy busy week with home visits and Open Houses and more. I scheduled our 2s Open House to be on Thursday from 5:30-6:30. Little did I know that the MES Open House was the same day from 6:30-7:30 and my co-teacher, Katie? Her girls' Open House was the same night too! I was able to leave our 2s OH and rush over to catch the tail end of ours and meet all of their teachers, though I've met most of them already.
Livie has Mrs. Newberry, which was both Madie and Noah's kindergarten teacher. Kinda fun that she'll now have all 3 of my kids! Livie was so excited to show me her room. You'll notice in the pictures how sweaty and ragged my kids are. Our school has no air-conditioning and with the temps soaring into the 90s, it makes the school easily reach 100-110 degrees inside. I feel so bad for them. The neighboring school district actually cancelled all the schools in their town due to the heat problem. These kids come out exhausted and soaking wet. At least they're calling for cooler temps next week!
This is one of the pictures Livie's drew and had hanging up in her classroom. It's a picture of her family. :-)
Another paper of hers that was hanging up. You'll notice she's got this wide, open-mouthed smile in nearly every picture I took yesterday. She just got her new retainer and she wanted to show it off. ;-)
We went up to Noah's classroom (I now have 3 kids on 3 different floors). Here, he is showing me the Minecraft picture he made. He told me to guess which of the pictures was his and I knew it HAD to be Minecraft!
Mrs. Heredia and I met before school started to talk about his diabetes, so she was another teacher I had already met. But, it was nice seeing her again and she had her little 8 month old with her, so that was really fun too. :-)
Madie wanted to show me her new locker and while she was rummaging through it, I was able to talk to her homeroom teacher, who was really nice and knew one of the teachers that I work with. Small world!
This is her homeroom, which is actually not a bad size. Livie's room is pretty small, but this one was nice and open. Noah's room is also really nice and open.
We finished the evening with this quick picture and talking to several friends. Even ran into one of my former 3s that is now in one of the kindergarten pods. It's always so much fun to run into former students. Love seeing how much they've grown. So, Madie, Noah, and Livie are back in school and well on their way! I start up next Tuesday and am so excited to get started. Glad that I got all the home visits and Open Houses out of the way, so we can just move on to getting the school year fully underway. Today are cheerleading try-outs, so hopefully that's another thing we can look forward too. Crossing our fingers she makes the team! Lots of fun stuff happening around here. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment