I finally feel somewhat alive after battling a nasty cold these past few days, so I'm a little late posting pictures from the first day of school, but here they are!
My Livie is a 2nd grader now - the same grade that Noah was in when he was diagnosed with Diabetes. Isn't that weird to think about? She's definitely not my baby anymore. She's growing up fast and was soooo excited to be back to school with her friends.
Perhaps, even more mind-blowing is that I now have a 7th grader on my hands. How are my kids growing up so fast? I'm still 27, right? She wasn't crazy-excited to be back at school, but was glad to be back with her friends and get involved in different activities again. She's now just one year away from 8th grade graduation! WOWZA!
Noah is now a 5th grader and I'm starting to notice some growing up happening around here. I think he's anxious to start puberty, which is always a big topic in our house with a 7th grader and now a 5th grader. He's been eating everything in sight lately and is hoping to pass up his mom in height soon. He's only an inch away! He's never terribly excited about school. He doesn't like sitting in a classroom, when he can be playing video games or riding his bike, but he does like being back with his friends, so he wasn't too upset about his summer coming to an end.
I've got three amazing kids that are growing up right before my eyes and excited and ready to tackle a new year at school. Their school is a little different this year with the flood construction still ongoing. They now walk outside to go to the cafeteria, while the cafeteria hallway is being worked on. That proved to be interesting on Thursday when it was pouring down rain all day. They got soaked, but thought it was hilarious, so this year is going to be an adventure in more ways than one, but they are always up for a good adventure. :-)
I'm watching the neighbor boys again, as well as another set of boys from down the street. They only come 2-3 times a week though, while our neighbor boys come every day. The kids were THRILLED to have them over again! Even though we live right next to each other, it's just not the same as having them at our house every morning and afternoon. They really are best buddies. :-) So, I now, at times, have 7 kids running around this house of mine, so it's gotten a whole lot busier, but that's not even the busiest part!
Can you see what my calendar looks like JUST for next week? There is hardly a space left to fill! I found out on Thursday, that the job as the Asst. Teacher for the 3s was mine! SOOO excited to be back with the 3s again! I met the new lead teacher, who is a really sweet girl, right out of college. Dad liked to remind me that I could basically be her mom. Thanks, dad. But, I'm really excited to work with her. I think it's going to be a really fun year! So, now I will be teaching/asst teaching on Tues and Thurs mornings, Thurs nights, and Fri mornings. Next week we'll do all of our home visits with the students for our 3s class and have our Open House for the 2s as well. I need to finish up getting my classroom set up and help get Carissa's room set-up, so we're ready for all the stuff coming up. If you add in the babysitting, cheer practice/try-outs/ortho appts, and more, well it looks like my year is going to be filled quickly! And, I wouldn't have it any other way. Here's to the 2013-2014 school year! Hoping and praying it's going to be a great one!
No comments:
Post a Comment