
Today is another installment of "Flashback Friday". Brought to you by the lovely folks in the Trolinger household. :-) This picture was taken the first week Noah was home from the hospital - February 2003. Look at that sweet scrunchy face!!!! Precious!!!!!! Madie wasn't quite 2 there and still had short hair with just a hint of curl in the back. Boy was that a happy time. I don't think there's anything quite as wonderful as those first days home from the hospital with a new baby. Just relished every single minute, all three times I got to do that. When I left the hospital that last day after I had Livie, I remember getting all choked up saying goodbye to the fantastic nurses there and then crying most of the way home. I knew it was going to be the last time I ever experienced that. Experienced the joy of having a new baby. Experienced that first time we walk in the door with our new family member. Experienced someone else making meals for me and bringing them to my bed and then taking the dishes away. ;-) hehe Seriously, there's something so magical about having a newborn. I look at this picture and the memories just come to mind of those perfect days at home with my new baby boy. How sweet!
3 comments:
I know just what you mean. I love those first days with a brand-new baby. Such a fun time! I truly miss having a newborn around. I would love to have another baby but newborns turn into 3 year olds who throw tantrums and need to be potty trained! I need to borrow Jack for awhile to get my baby fix!!!
BTW, I didn't realize Noah was so close in age to Rachel. She was born in March, 2003. That'll make it easier to remember your kids ages. Maddy is between Rose and David I think. Noah is Rachel's age and Olivia and Matt are both 3. Was she born in 2005?
Actually if Maddy just turned 8, then she's the same age as David, who will also turn 8 this year, but not until August (the same month I turn 29 again)
Oh, the potty training alone would stop me in my tracks before having another one. I HATED potty training. It was like death to me. I think our kids are pretty much the same age. I remember Becky was pregnant with Annie the same time I was pregnant with Madie too. You must've gotten pregnant shortly before I had her.
Post a Comment