Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Noah's PTA Debut

Tonight was Noah's PTA debut performance. :-) All the kindergarteners were invited to come and do a little song medley for us. It was so cute! I think it was somehow a ploy to get more people signed up for the PTA, but I didn't mind. I'm a card-carrying member of the PTA, but their meetings are the same day and time as my church meetings and those take presidence since I'm super involved with that stuff, so I never go. Anywho...



We got to the school and dropped Noah off at the music room. He was so excited to be there and see his friends "after school". :-)


The meeting was held in the cafeteria. I came with a bag full of leapsters, gameboys, and games to occupy them. Madie sat still and just did her leapster the whole time. Livie did none of the above and chose instead to run around like a crazy person and play hopscotch with the floor tiles.



There was a relatively large group there. Noah's at the top in the back. That must mean he's one of the tall ones! Hooray!!!



They did 4 super-cute songs, motions and all. He was so good too. Waved a bunch of times. Even gave me a couple "thumbs up!". He was such a cutie up there.



Afterwards, we went back to the music room to pick him up. His teacher, Mrs. Newberry, was there and took a picture of all of us. So glad I have cute kids. They distract the eye from the hideousness that is me. Though I am sporting some rather fabulous rainboots. ;-) Anyway, it was a fun night. Wish you could have been there, daddy!! You would've been proud of him. :-)

2 comments:

Amy said...

You sound just like me when I have to take the kids anywhere. For instance, last spring Rachel graduated from preschool. They wore caps and gowns and there was a cute ceremony and everything. I took a big bag full of things for Matthew to do to keep him quiet. What did he do instead? Crawled under the pews and over people in an ongoing (but futile) attempt to escape. Glad I'm not the only one whose kid runs around when they should be sitting still. When we went places occasionally with Becky and her kids when they were younger, she always made me look bad because her kids were so little and yet were sitting still behaving beautifully while mine were running around like wild Indians. Not to imply that your kids are ill-behaved of course, just that it sounds like Olivia has some energy and spunk in her :-)

P.S. I had broccoli for dinner and thought of you. You'll be proud to know that Rachel (my 6 year old) hates broccoli. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's exactly what happens. If Pete's there, then I have back-up and we can control them. But, Livie was in rare form - well, I guess it's not "rare" - but she was in "form". ;-) Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you plan, they still find ways to be ornery. At least she wasn't loud and for the most part ran BEHIND the crowd, not in front. Still glad it was a short program. Just wondering how she'll do during Madie's recital which is a 2 hr event. I'm scared to think about it....