Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oh The Things They Say...

On the way home from church today, we hear Noah say "You're a poopy butt", which is something don't like them to say, obviously. So, Pete said, "Excuse me?! What was that?!!". Noah very sheepishly said, "I said 'poopy butt'". Pete asked him if he's allowed to say that and Noah said very sincerely, "But, I whispered it, so you wouldn't hear." We both gave each other a look. Obviously he's learned that having a nearly deaf mom makes it easier for him to get away with whispering. Pete then said, "Yes, but you're not supposed to say it even if you whisper." "Yeah, but Jesus loves me and forgives me anyway, so it's ok." He has an excuse for it all, doesn't he? ;-)

2 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

Like grandfather, like grandson. When your father was a boy he could come up with zingers like that all the time. We all thought he was going to be a lawyer.

Lori said...

He really reminds me more and more of my dad. He's sooooo much like Pete when it comes to his interests and the way he learns about things. They are so alike in those ways, but Noah's silly answers and reactions to things are what I imagine my dad was like. Just, thank goodness, hasn't taken knives to our door frames yet. If he did, I'd be calling dad and yelling at him for spreading those genes around!