Friday, June 19, 2009

Swim Lessons

You know summer is here when swim lessons begin! Swim lessons actually started last Friday, but since we were in a hurry to get up to Jill and Adam's after the lessons were over, I didn't remember to bring my camera, so here is their second lesson instead.



Because my kids haven't been to the pool much, they are sadly terrible swimmers. And it wasn't until last year that they were even willing to put their heads in. So we go to a private instructor, where they get one-on-one treatment. It's really fantastic. Mrs. Palmer is quite famous around here for her swim lessons. They have 5-6 instructors and 4-5 kids in the pool at a time. The kids did this last year and did a really great job! They learned a lot, so I'm excited to see their progress this year. Here they are getting ready to get in for their lesson.

Noah had 2 instructors today, but the one that's always with him is Garrett. He really seems to be able to handle Noah well. And, Noah listens to him really well. He tries his hardest and does such a good job. He's a goofy swimmer, but he gives it his all!



Madie's a much more timid swimmer. She doesn't go for it like Noah does. In fact the way they swim is very much like their personalities. But, she too tried her best and has made lots of strides since last year. She also had 2 instructors, but her constant one is Ashley.



It was in the low 90s today with humidity, so you couldn't have asked for a better day for the pool. They had a great time and look like 2 very happy swimmers! :-)

4 comments:

Suzy said...

You're such a good mom. (By the way, love the latest Broccoli factoid! hehe)

Lori said...

I figured that was a little known fact that speaks of the dangers of broccoli. A beloved american icon was KILLED by it! That's unspeakable! Hopefully you're children will decide to stay away from it as they grow up. If they do, I'd be happy to make them some of our club shirts. :-)

Judi Hahn said...

I am always amazed when I see pictures of your children or my grandchildren and then see someone else's face in those pictures. Take your last picture of Noah, in that picture he resembles greatly my grandson Jonah. Your daughter, Madie, in the top picture looks so much like her grandfather did at that age. And in the middle picture she looks like you did as a child. As I said, amazing.

Judi Hahn said...

Regarding broccoli. Arms is a good term. It means it gives you STRENGTH in the arms, and it is a CALL TO ARMS to eat more of the veggie, please. I'm concerned about your health. :)