Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bathroom Update

Now that the kids are all in school, I needed a project and the kids' bathroom has been on my mind for a while now. This room was the second in our house to be painted 9 yrs ago when we first bought it. I used the leftover yellow from what was Madie's bedroom (now both girls' bedroom) to paint it. I've done a couple things to update it in the past couple of years, adding big green polka dots to the wall, painting the cabinet white, and adding a medicine cabinet, but with the paint peeling in a few spots and me just generally sick of the yellow, I decided on Friday to do something about it!




Unfortunately I forgot to take a "Before" picture until I had taken everything off the walls and put the tape up. Just imagine a polka dot shower curtain with blues, grey, and greens and big green polka dots all over the walls. That's basically what the "Before" was.




Here is the "After"! Yay! I LOVE the chocolate brown. I was a little worried about painting such a dark color on the walls, because the space is so small, but I love how it looks against the white.




Granted, now the kids' towels don't match, but we'll find them new ones that do eventually. Took a white frame and added a piece of blue scrapbook paper to add a little more blue to the walls.





I also repainted the cabinet white. The kids beat the heck out of that cabinet! I'm really pleased with the changes and so are the kids. Nice to get rid of that yellow and peeling paint!




1 comment:

Suzy said...

Love it!!!! Come decorate my house!! lol