Sunday, December 23, 2012

Countdown to Christmas ... 2

For our Countdown activity today, it wasn't really a surprise, because the kids saw me as I was getting everything ready, but we made cookies for Santa!  Now, usually we do a quick cookie-baking activity on Christmas Eve, but we wanted this to be a really fun activity to go along with our countdown, so we made it extra special.





I made some brown sugar cookies, which isn't quite as easy to roll out as regular sugar cookie dough.  I found that out after I made up the dough unfortunately.  But, hey, still worked.  Just got 15 cookies out of it instead of the 6 DOZEN it called for!  Had my trusty stormtrooper spatula with me too (thanks, Cara!).





I got the table all set up with aprons, placemats, sprinkles, and a ketchup bottle filled with icing.  Yum!




Once the cookies were made, I set out the plate and the kids got to work.





Noah was most excited about adding hershey kisses to his.




Madie took her time adding the icing and leaned more towards the sprinkles and mini chips to the Hershey kisses.




Livie didn't discriminate.  She added EVERYTHING to hers!




Yep.  If Santa doesn't lapse into a diabetic coma after eating hers, I'll be surprised!  They had a lot of fun decorating their cookies and we now have a whole plateful to eat ourselves as well as a plate ready for Santa.  Only 2 days away!

No comments: