Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Countdown to Christmas.... ZERO

It's here!  Christmas arrived and we have three happy, happy kids in our house today.  I woke up this morning to go to the bathroom and when I looked at the clock it said 5:55.  I knew it was a matter of minutes before the kids came barrelling into our room to wake us up!  Well, it wasn't a matter of minutes, it was a matter of seconds, because before I could leave the bathroom, I heard the excited yells of our kids, trying to wake up their dad. ;-)  I'm always ready to get up on Christmas morning, but Pete, not so much.  He's a little slower getting up.  Even though it's only a delay of maybe 10 minutes, the kids are moaning and groaning about how SSSSLLLOOWWW he is.  I remember doing the same thing with my dad.  He would always be the last one out of bed, then he'd have to get his coffee, then a trash bag.  We'd be DYING at this point.  I know Pete thinks it's hilarious, so I'm sure my dad did too.  Making the kids wait anxiously is pretty funny!





They always open the stuff in their stockings first.  No candy this year, which I'm sure has a little bit to do with Noah's diabetes, but they got ornaments, Playmobil figures, and a little gift.  They were very excited!




BUT, even more excited when they opened their next present from Santa - Skylanders!  It's a Wii game that they played at the Thirys house and absolutely loved it.  They couldn't wait to play.




Santa also got them a lightsaber popsicle set.  They are now in our freezer making pops!  As you can see, Tater was right in the thick of all the present opening. 





After they opened their presents from Santa, we gave Tater his basket.  I showed this to you all in a previous post.  He was begging for it, because he knew he smelled a bone in there.  He could barely wait for it to be opened!



We got the kids new bathrobes, that they needed desperately.  They were super-excited!  They got a few more things from us - legos, erector sets, Monster High dolls, etc..  They loved it all!




I'll admit, I had a hard time shopping for Pete this year.  He didn't give me but ONE idea!  I got him several t-shirts (that's the thing he asked for) and a "Walker Bait" shirt from Walking Dead.  Loved it!  We got him these Bears golf balls and tees and then we both accidently got each other Wii Lego Lord of the Rings.  Oops!  Guess we both think alike.  He's been playing it most of the day, so I guess it was a good choice!




One of the things I asked for was an Anne of Green Gables DVD set.  I was beyond excited when he got it for me!  He's been playing Wii all afternoon, while I've been watching AoGG!  He also got me a quesadilla maker, a 4-slice toaster (totally asked for that!), and a gift card.  Once again, he spoiled me rotten. :-)




Once everyone had opened their gifts, we all started getting around to getting things out of their packaging.  Then I said to Pete, "Hey, didn't we forget a present for the kids?".  The kids looked at us with curious looks on their faces.  I winked at Pete and told the kids we had one more present for them.  We pulled out three wrapped gifts and let them open them.  We got Noah and Madie Ipod Touches and Livie a Kindle Fire.  I don't think I've received a bigger hug from Noah than I did after he opened that!  The picture above doesn't show their excitement.  They were beside themselves!  It was so cute!




And, that is where they sat for most of the rest of the day.  Playing Minecraft against each other on their devices.  Finally made them put them away after all their batteries died, so they could move onto other gifts. ;-)





This is the mess of our living room after Christmas.  Not too, too bad.  It's clean now, mostly, as we get ready to pack up and leave for IN bright and early on Thurs.  Lots to do before that happens. 




In Tater's basket, there was this bandanna.  Seriously, how cute is he?!  He'll be wearing that to IN too.  Very Christmasy, right?  So, the roast is in the oven, the kids are playing legos and Playmobil and all is happy in our world.  Hope everyone else had a fun day!  Merry Christmas!

No comments: