I just happened to be driving through the downtown area and discovered it was Ice Odyssey Weekend! Yay! So, I hurried home, picked up Pete, Noah, and Livie and headed back to town to pick up Madie and go see all the great ice sculptures. :-)
A Didoughs Pretzel place just opened up, so we hit there first and got some yummy pretzels to start our trek off right! It's really little inside and the place was packed, but we got there right before the crowd, thank goodness. When we left, the line was out the door!
They had a mini-golf course made with ice sculptures, but we didn't stay for that. We wanted to head down the main street and see what other sculptures they had.
As we were walking down, we ran into Santa himself!! He had an elf friend and a little sweet snowomen. :-) Livie was especially excited to see Santa!
Right after we saw him, we saw an ice sculpture made of him. Again, Livie was super-excited!
Of course, we had to hit the bookstore - our favorite place in the world! But, we managed to leave without buying any books this time. When it's this close to Christmas, I try to stop from buying things. It was hard to walk away though. Books are our weakness!
This was another favorite sculpture of Rudolf. The girls like this one a lot!
We bought a new camera on Black Friday, so we gave Madie our old one. She loved getting it out today, so she could take her own pictures.
We needed to go to the local coffeehouse, because I needed a gift card for a Christmas party I'm going to tomorrow night. They had a bunch of goodies that people were selling. We bought a great little gift basket for Tater. I'll share that with you in a minute. :-)
This one is of the Little Drummer Boy. Noah's trying to march in place and act like him.
This is the gift basket we got. Only $8 and it comes with lots of homemade goodies and dog toys! I think he's going to be very happy on Christmas Day! It was a fun little surprise to see the Odyssey happening to day and we're so glad we got to go! Tonight, the girls and I are headed to see a recital at the high school. I got an email yesterday telling me they didn't need me to work today and I was pretty bummed about it. Now? Not so much, because if I HAD worked, I would've missed out on all this fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment