I was a member of session for 3 yrs (2009, 2010, and 2011) and was just reelected to the board for 2013, 2014, and 2015! Eeek! While I was on the session board, I was invited to join all the session christmas parties, but was never able to make it for whatever reason. THIS year, however, I was and it was a fun time!
It was at a couple's house who have been elders for the past 3-yr term. They live here in town, so it was a quick drive over. We got to stand around and chat and laugh for a while, before heading out and eating the yummy food everyone brought.
Apparently people really like meat, because there were TONS of meat selections - meatballs, sausages, sausage/bacon wraps, etc... Next year, I think we'd better make a sign-up sheet, so we can spread the meat love around a little. ;-) At least it was all super-good!!
We all brought presents, so we could have a white elephant gift exchange. I've only been to one white elephant party before and we bought kind of crazy presents. All the presents in this one were really nice gifts, the white elephant part of it was that you could steal from someone else. Made for a fun game and we all laughed a lot. Bruce and Mary Lou (our hosts) had this great space on their finished front porch for all of us to gather. I stole a really awesome flashlight combo thingy for the car. Noah, of course, loved it. It fit in the catagory of "multi-tool". ;-)
We all laughed when John opened up his own wife's gift and didn't even realize it until after he took it out of the gift bag! So funny!
We shared some fun and sweet moments about Christmas together and then John shared some kind words about everyone that is leaving the session board this year. Mary Lou is on my committee and has been for 5 long years. I will miss her a lot, because it's been so wonderful getting to know her over these years and build such a great friendship Hopefully she'll stick around and still come to meetings with us! Bruce and James got on guitar and we all sang christmas carols, before praying and having some more time to chat together. I am truly blessed to be a part of this church and have such great connections and relationships with the people there. So, here's to another 3 yrs on session for me and more christmas parties to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment