Monday, September 1, 2008

Craziness and Fossil Hunting






OK, I am now on post #4! As you can tell from the posts below, we had a super busy weekend. We left on Friday, right after school. The traffic sucked, so it took us a while to get there, but get there we did. We went to Goshen that night. Pete put the kids to bed, while I went to the church to take over all the decorations and make some pies. Then Sat, while the guys golfed, mom, the kids, and I decorated and got everything ready for the party. I don't think I sat down until about 5 pm and that was only for about 2 min, before I headed out to get pictures developed and pick up supper. Sunday we had church, then Betty's party. Again, no sitting until suppertime - unless you include the car ride, of course. ;-) But, when we left RC, we headed up to the Trolingers. FINALLY I was able to relax. All the parties were done. I nothing else left to plan or do or have the kids ready for. Yay! Don't get me wrong, I LOVED everything we did on Sat and Sun, but I was tired!! So, we got to the Trolingers and relaxed for a bit. It was a beautiful evening, so Pete and Sue took the kids out to the backyard to run around for a bit, since they were wound up from all the travelling. Nana has lots of rocks in her backyard, so Pete had the kids start looking for fossils in the rocks. Then they would bring them to Nana and to me to see. They came up with several really cool ones. In fact, several are in a bag in my foyer at the moment. Sigh... Anyway, they created quite a collection before having to go inside for bed. Then today, while Pete and his dad were shopping for work clothes, Sue took the kids to the other side of the fence to look at more rocks, then got a bucket of water for them to dip their rocks in to see how they changed colors. They thought that was great! When the guys came back, we grilled out and again, just had a nice relaxing morning. Just the opposite of "Labor" day. We packed a lot into the weekend, but boy, was it a fun one!

No comments: