When I was a kid, my best friend Amy and her brother Obie had a closet in their playroom full of costumes. They were fantastic!! They had Ewok costumes, ballerina costumes, etc.. I always wanted to play dress-up at their house. :-) My mom made us Halloween costumes every year, but they were made with garbage bags or paper sacks, so they didn't really make it past halloween night. Now, don't get me wrong, the costumes she made were fantastic! She just used her crafty book that she had and made really cute ones that way. So, if I wanted to dress-up after Oct. 31st, I would usually get out her nightgowns and wear her heels or, if I was really lucky, spend the day at Amy and Obie's, playing with their costumes. My kids have been very lucky in that they have the dress-up clothes I wish I always had. I buy them online or at garage sales, so they have several things to play dress-up with. When Madie was little, she would be in one costume or another - every day. Literally, every single day! So, because of that, we had quite a supply that we got her to play with. Those are now all Livie's size, so Madie doesn't have as many as she used too, but she and Noah still have a few that fit. Almost every year I buy them a new one to wear for Halloween. We were looking online tonight actually to see if any caught our eye. Found a few cute ones, though I do believe that Noah's frog costume will be the costume for this year. He didn't want to take that one off tonight. He liked being a frog a lot. In fact, when I asked him to smile for the pictures I took, he informed me that frogs DO NOT smile. I finally convinced him that frogs do indeed smile, at least when their moms take their pictures. :-) I'm still looking to find a costume for Madie, since she's grown out of most of hers. Livie is kind of in the middle of what fits well with Madie's old stuff, so she may get a new one as well. Sometimes I still wish I had a reason to buy a cute costume, so I could join them in their fun!! Just something so great about playing dress-up. :-)
1 comment:
Man, you are the funnest mom ever .. I had to make do with dressing my brother up in mom's clothes, doing his hair, and applying makeup on him (all while my parents were out of the house, of course!!). :)
Post a Comment