Tonight was our 2nd annual fall outreach kick-off party. The kids in our Sunday School program help me get it ready and we send out flyers and get signs posted, inviting children from our church and the community to this special night. We had 9 different games and crafts, as well as the playground equipment for them to play on. Since it was called Slime Time, we had several games of slime. And, this slime was nasty, let me tell you. Not to be super gross, but it was like bins of mucas. I should have taken a picture of it on your hand. If you stuck your hand in it and pulled it out, you'd have giant globs of it connected to you and the bin and it was impossible to clean off. The kids loved it!!!!!! :-) We had a fishing wall, where they could get a prize. We had pools of bubble solution, so they could make bubbles. A giant beaker for them to try and knock the balloons into and a few more games on top of that. We also had a craft center where they could make mini-beakers of slime to take home. They could pick whatever color they wanted and mix it up. And, they could make beaded necklaces too. We had over 30 kids come, which is a bit more than last year, which was nice. Since I was at the church all afternoon, Pete brought our kids for me. This was Livie's first time being a part of it and she had a ball! They all did. They were running around and trying all the different games. We now have 3 beakers of slime on our table, a take-home bag of goodies, and several necklaces. :-) Must've been a hit!
Two years ago when I officially became the director of our Sunday School program, I decided we needed a special way to kick-off our new season. We have the summers off from SS, so we try and do something special to start us off. I wanted a way to not only make it fun for our kids, but also make it available for their friends and kids from all over our community. So, last year I asked if we could do a nighttime event that had a carnival kind of atmosphere. They said "sure" and we did it. It was so fun last year, so we had to do it this time too. Because I'm the director, that means it's all on me to do it. So, you can only imagine how much work it is. I'm so thankful that I have people in our church who always lend a hand when I need it. I love our church! But, even with those great people, a lot still falls on me. I can't tell you how happy I am now that it's over!!! :-) It's so fun and so worth it, but seriously, it's so exhausting. And, I still have to go back tomorrow morning and clean up 16 gallons of slime!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy, is THAT going to be fun! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment