Sunday, September 21, 2008
A Typical Sunday Afternoon
I have no pictures to accompany this blog post today. There really hasn't been anything terribly exciting happening to report. But, I had to laugh at my sweet husband's reaction to this typical Sunday afternoon. Noah has had a fever this weekend, so Pete stayed home from church with him and Livie. I got back with Madie and had picked up lunch for all of us - so, so far it had been a pretty good day. They played Wii while we were gone and he got Taco Bell for lunch. Not a bad start, I must say. After lunch, I went and watched a little tv in the bedroom, while he stayed in the living room and watched the Bears game. This is apparently where things went downhill. :-) The kids were having a great time playing dress-up and were running around the house in their different costumes. Then they decided to bring every stuffed animal in the house into the living room hallway and the kitchen and make them their audience. Well, carrying all those animals and trying on all those costumes caused the kids to repeatedly run in front of Pete while he was trying to watch the game. It wouldn't have been a bad thing, except that they ended up losing, which put him in a bad mood. So, to blow off some steam, he decided to go mow. He had just been mowing about 10 min when it started pouring down rain and thundering and lightening outside. I went out to see what was going on after I heard that first crash of thunder and found him in the garage just staring at the rain. He saw me come out and was like, "just go back inside. I don't want to talk about it." ;-) He wasn't mad. Just a bit dejected. The rain ended up sticking around, so he finally came back inside, with his now partially mowed lawn out there laughing at him. He decided that in order for him to deal with the disappointments of the day, he needed to play Jedi Force and blow people up. The kids were quietly playing now in our bedroom and he thought he might actually get a couple minutes of repreve. That was not to be. The minute they heard the "beep, beep, beep" of the Wii turn on, they ran out as fast as they could, jumping over the couch yelling "I want to play!". He said nothing. I just saw his shoulders sag and his head lower. This poor, tired dad - who just wanted a few minutes - was now joined by an audience of 3 quite loud children. Now, I should be sympathic to his plight. He is, after all, a wonderful dad, who does so much for us. But considering that this is completely normal and what I deal with every day, I just had to leave, so I wouldn't further upset the situation by cracking up laughing. :-) I am so used to the constant whining and mess making - the noise levels and the running around. But, I was sick yesterday and spent nearly all day in bed, so he's going on 2 straight days of kid-sitting and laundry duty that I think he's getting worn out. And, he wonders why I want a vacation!! I think he's beginning to understand why. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment