Monday, September 15, 2008

My Little Ballerina






Madie began her 4th year of dance class last week, but I didn't take any pictures to celebrate that moment and let me tell you why. I had written on the calender that dance was to begin today from 4:15-7pm. I even had it in red letter with 2, yes 2, exclamation points. Well, last week, around 4:45, I got a call from her instructor Miss Lisa. "Where is Madeleine," she asked. Apparently dance started LAST Monday, not this Monday. So, I rushed very quickly to get her into her leotard and get all three kids loaded, so we could get to Ottawa for her to at least get in the last 2 hours. So, in the rush, no pictures were taken. Today, however, I was prepared. I made sure I had her dance bag packed - leotard, tights, leg warmers and jazz shorts. I brought her snack and a bottle of water. And, most importantly, my camera!! So, after we did a little flood watching, we took her to dance class. Just us girls, since Noah was still with Pete at the dentists (read below). She's taking ballet, tap, tumbling, and jazz - which is new for her this year. At her dance academy, they try to make sure all the kids get exposed to the many areas of dance and not just one or the other. Her class is for 3 hours every week. I think it's a lot, but she loves it and it's only that one day, so it's not too bad. This year is recital year, which means she has special routines to learn and costumes to get. She LOVES recitals, so she's especially excited about it this time around. As you can see, Olivia is also ready to begin dance, but we opted to wait until she's closer to 4 like Madie was. Then she'll follow her big sister's footsteps into the world of dance. Not sure if sticking out her tongue is considered a "dance move", but Livie seems to think it is. ;-) Let's just hope she can wear all of Madie's old shoes. Dance shoes are soooo expensive! $120+ this year alone!!! I can only imagine what the costume(s) will be! Anyway, here is Madie on her second day of dance. :-)

No comments: