Monday, November 10, 2008

Alexander Ricardo
















This weekend we took a drive down to Indianapolis to visit one of my best friend's (I'm blessed to have 2!) and see her new baby boy! :-) He was born the weekend of Em's wedding, so I haven't had a chance to go see him until now. As you can see from the pictures, he's a sweet little thing. You almost forget how teeny-tiny they are when they are born. But, oh my gosh, he's just the cutest guy and so relaxed and good. The only time he cried was when he was hungry, then he went right back to sleep. I couldn't get over how much hair he had! My kids didn't have that much hair until they were like 2 or something. I had 3 baldies. :-) It was a nice weekend to see them. Noah started getting sleepy when we first got there, so Pete took him and Olivia back to the hotel for a couple hours while Madie colored and I relaxed with Michelle and Alexander. Ricardo came a little later, but he was teaching his karate class, so he wasn't able to get back until suppertime. I called Pete after Ricardo got there and they came back and we sat around and laughed and had a good time. We went back to the hotel around 7, hoping that we could make it to the pool, but by the time we had supper, it was getting too late, so the kids were VERY disappointed. We were going to try and go in the morning too, but we all had a restless night and didn't sleep well, so we all woke up about 8:30 and by the time I made the 4 trips to the lobby for breakfast for everyone, it was almost 10 and check-out was 11. They again were not happy and even in protest stripped down and put on their bathing suits. But, eventually I convinced them I would somehow try and see if we could get to an open swim at the Y sometime soon, so they were pacified. We went back and saw Ricardo, Michelle, and Alexander for another couple of hours before heading home. Our visits are never long enough, but always really fun and nothing is more fun then getting to meet a new addition like Alexander. Babies are always such a blessing and knowing how much they wanted him, it just makes it that much more special.

No comments: