Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yard Art?


The other day I posted about a house that had recently put out a pink cow with the word "Obama" on the side. I wasn't able to figure out what it meant other than they had decided to create some type of yard art in Obama's honor (or dishonor?). Still not quite sure. But, apparently the trend of political yard art has spread through our vast metropolis of 4,000 people. Today, when driving to the local church to put my vote in, I passed another house that wanted to make a statement. Again, I'm not quite sure what that statement IS, but it's a statement of some sort. It's a little clearer than the cow, I'll say that. But, they created life-sized replicas of John McCain, Barrack Obama, and (for some reason) Hillary Clinton. I guess they were trying to be bi-partisan. I was actually pretty impressed at how life-like they were. Granted, I doubt all three of the ACTUAL people would take the time to sit in lawn chairs in this person's front yard, but I guess if you can't get the real people, you can always just make paper-mache replicas instead. I just thought it was funny and wanted to share this bit of silliness on our Election Day. I hope you all go out and vote. Even if you don't think your vote matters, it's still a powerful thing to say that you played a part in deciding a presidental election. Plus, you get a really cute sticker when you're done. Don't want to miss out on that, right? :-) So, do the American thing and get to a polling station and make your vote count! I know I did. :-)

No comments: