Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow....


















We are getting our first official taste of winter. We've had some snow flurries over the past couple of weeks, but nothing major. Today we woke up to snow covering the ground and falling fast! Olivia was thrilled to pieces, as were the other kids. They could barely wait until they could get outside and play in it. They're calling for 2-4" throughout the night. Pete took the kids outside to play and build snowmen. Noah threw several snowballs at the patio door - right in my direction. First he did it to scare the cat, then he did it to scare me. :-) They were outside for almost an hour, just having the best time. A couple kids from the neighborhood even came over and joined them for a while, before heading off to go sledding. While they did that, I put away all our fall decorations and started getting out the Christmas stuff. I need to get more things, since we have more space to put things on - like the bookcases and stuff. But, it's coming together. Before Pete came inside he rolled up two giant snowballs, like you would make for the base of a snowman and covered the skunk holes with them. Then patted snow all around them, hoping to keep that blasted skunk from digging again. We'll see if he was successful in the next couple of days. After that, he brought the kids in and boy were they soaked!! Thankfully all that wetness stayed on the outside and their clothes were dry. I made each of them a steaming cup of hot chocolate and gave them each a handful of marshmallows. Only Madie actually drank the cocoa. Livie only ate the marshmallows and Noah just wanted a cold cup of milk. Oh well. At least one of them liked it. :-) Then Pete took me and the kids out to eat for my birthday tonight. We went to Hanks which is so yummy and I haven't been there in a while, so it was a special treat. I had chicken parmisan and Pete had the prime rib. We are both so stuffed that we're laying around groaning!!! The kids are fine, but Pete and I are just sick! We were going to come home and put up the Christmas tree, but it's bedtime, so we're saving that for Tuesday (Madie has dance tomorrow night, so we can't do it then). I think Livie and I will be putting the lights up outside tomorrow if the weather agrees. Heck, who knows, maybe we'll get enough snow to have a bit of a delay, so we can all sleep in and put the lights up together! I'll cross my fingers. :-)

2 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

You are so lucky. All we have is rain, rain, rain. The temp is hovering around 35. If it would only dip a couple more degrees we would have snow. They say we'll get some overnight. Yeah, right. When they say we're going to get snow, we don't. When they don't say we're going to get snow, we do. So, I wish they wouldn't say we're going to get snow. Enjoy it while you can. Although it looks like this is going to be a good winter for you guys, snow wise. You're in the projected path of lots of weather coming out of Canada.

Lori said...

Do you guys usually get a lot of snow down there? We ended up with only about an 1". It was a heavy snow, so it melted into itself. But, it's enough to make the kids happy for now. I don't mind the snow much, as long as it doesn't cause problems when we need to drive somewhere.