After Madie and Noah got their showers, I took Livie in to go potty and when she flushed the toilet, we had a disaster! It apparently got stopped up and when she flushed it, it overflowed all over the floor. Thank the Lord it was just potty, I'll just say that!! It took quite a few towels to get that mess cleaned up!
After that crisis, Livie got cleaned up and we got dressed and ready to head out the door for Ottawa. "Hi Daddy" they said. :-)

We got to Steve's around 10 and thankfully they were still open and we were the only ones there when we got there, so there were lots of donut selections for us. If anyone was there at Pete's 30th birthday party, this is where I bought his 30 cinnamon roll donuts for his cake. This place is DELICIOUS! We hardly ever go, because it's rare that on a day off we're dressed and out the door in time to get there while it's open. :-) But, we made it and we're so glad we did. The kids and I each picked out a donut of our choosing and bought a couple things of milk and sat down and enjoyed our breakfast.

Noah got a cinnamon roll donut just like his daddy likes. He ate his donut in 5 min flat. No joke! The thing is huge AND when he was done, he asked for another! I told him 1 was more than enough for a 5 yr old. Like father, like son. ;-)

Livie got a white icing, creme-filled long john. Mmmmm. She took a couple bites like this, then basically spent the rest of the time licking the icing off. I made her eat a couple bites of actual donut, not that a donut is actually any healthier than a bunch of icing and creme, but in my mind, it at least gave her some bread to counteract the sugar intake. ;-)

Madie had a simple, but yummy white and chocolate cake donut. She took basically just ate the top of the donut with the icing on it, but she did share some of my chocolate-covered, pudding-filled donut. And, boy!, was it hard to share!!! It was soooooo good!

After we finished up at Steve's bakery, we headed to the video store to rent the new Wii game "Star Wars: Clone Wars". It came out today, but when we got to the first video store, they didn't have it. Doh! So, we headed to Blockbuster (where I hate to go, because it's SUCH a rip-off!).

They had the game there, but it had already been rented. Madie was quite disappointed. So, we decided to rent "Wii Music", which is fairly new too and looked like fun. We also rented a couple movies as well. I'm going to watch "Get Smart" when I'm done with this entry and the "Land Before Time" DVD we rented, the kids watched during the meeting tonight.

Once we had our game and videos, we loaded up in the car once more to head over to Walmart, hoping to find some things for Pete for Christmas.

We didn't get very far into the store before the kids got distracted from the "we're shopping for daddy" goal. There was another toilet incident that happened while in the store, but I won't get into that. Sufficed to say, it wasn't nearly as pleasant as the one at home...... Oh, and we were completely unsuccessful in our gift-finding mission. All in all, Walmart was a bust.

When we got home, we had a little lunch and put together some of my projects for my Uppercase Living boutique party in Dec. I'm trying to have expressions to sell, as well as projects that people can buy that are already made for them. It's so much fun! I made a trifle bowl that says "Merry Christmas" that I'm going to fill with Christmas balls and a cookie plate that says something Christmasy as well.

We got to Steve's around 10 and thankfully they were still open and we were the only ones there when we got there, so there were lots of donut selections for us. If anyone was there at Pete's 30th birthday party, this is where I bought his 30 cinnamon roll donuts for his cake. This place is DELICIOUS! We hardly ever go, because it's rare that on a day off we're dressed and out the door in time to get there while it's open. :-) But, we made it and we're so glad we did. The kids and I each picked out a donut of our choosing and bought a couple things of milk and sat down and enjoyed our breakfast.
Noah got a cinnamon roll donut just like his daddy likes. He ate his donut in 5 min flat. No joke! The thing is huge AND when he was done, he asked for another! I told him 1 was more than enough for a 5 yr old. Like father, like son. ;-)
Livie got a white icing, creme-filled long john. Mmmmm. She took a couple bites like this, then basically spent the rest of the time licking the icing off. I made her eat a couple bites of actual donut, not that a donut is actually any healthier than a bunch of icing and creme, but in my mind, it at least gave her some bread to counteract the sugar intake. ;-)
Madie had a simple, but yummy white and chocolate cake donut. She took basically just ate the top of the donut with the icing on it, but she did share some of my chocolate-covered, pudding-filled donut. And, boy!, was it hard to share!!! It was soooooo good!
After we finished up at Steve's bakery, we headed to the video store to rent the new Wii game "Star Wars: Clone Wars". It came out today, but when we got to the first video store, they didn't have it. Doh! So, we headed to Blockbuster (where I hate to go, because it's SUCH a rip-off!).
They had the game there, but it had already been rented. Madie was quite disappointed. So, we decided to rent "Wii Music", which is fairly new too and looked like fun. We also rented a couple movies as well. I'm going to watch "Get Smart" when I'm done with this entry and the "Land Before Time" DVD we rented, the kids watched during the meeting tonight.
Once we had our game and videos, we loaded up in the car once more to head over to Walmart, hoping to find some things for Pete for Christmas.
We didn't get very far into the store before the kids got distracted from the "we're shopping for daddy" goal. There was another toilet incident that happened while in the store, but I won't get into that. Sufficed to say, it wasn't nearly as pleasant as the one at home...... Oh, and we were completely unsuccessful in our gift-finding mission. All in all, Walmart was a bust.
When we got home, we had a little lunch and put together some of my projects for my Uppercase Living boutique party in Dec. I'm trying to have expressions to sell, as well as projects that people can buy that are already made for them. It's so much fun! I made a trifle bowl that says "Merry Christmas" that I'm going to fill with Christmas balls and a cookie plate that says something Christmasy as well.
The kids then took the leftover pieces and made paper airplanes with the triangle pieces that I had.

Then, it was off to play Wii Music. It's sooooo much fun too! You can play as your own Mii character and the background orchestra/band members are the rest of our Mii characters. Pete played the Oboe, Papa Drexler played the cymbols, Papa Trolinger played the french horn. All of you who have Mii characters on our Wii were playing (just can't remember what instrument everyone had). So cool! We could play with up to four players, but we each took a turn learning the different moves. Livie was practicing playing the guitar here.

Madie and Noah were playing the steel drums on a jam session here. I think they were playing to "Twinkle, twinkle little star". They had a ball and played for 2 hours. My favorite part was conducting the orchestra. That's where everyone was playing the drums, cymbols, french horn, etc... like I mentioned above. I wasn't great at it, but I got better as I practiced more. Every time you do a good job, you unlock more songs to play and instruments to use. It was too much fun!!

Then we had a few hours where I relaxed some and the kids played on the computer and with their toys. And, there was a while there where they all got in trouble for jumping on the beds.... Again, won't get into that. That happens when you're couped up inside from the cold and the rain. But, then we had supper, talked to Pete a bit on the phone, then headed out the door again for my committee meeting at church. That's where the DVD came in. I took our portable DVD player (thank goodness for technology!) and let them watch quietly while I had my meeting. It worked like a charm and we headed home about 8:30 and had them go straight to bed. I thought ahead and had them all get in their pjs and brush their teeth before we left, so we just had to take off shoes and coats and get under their covers and fall asleep. They were actually all asleep within a couple of minutes. Nice way to end our busy day.
Then, it was off to play Wii Music. It's sooooo much fun too! You can play as your own Mii character and the background orchestra/band members are the rest of our Mii characters. Pete played the Oboe, Papa Drexler played the cymbols, Papa Trolinger played the french horn. All of you who have Mii characters on our Wii were playing (just can't remember what instrument everyone had). So cool! We could play with up to four players, but we each took a turn learning the different moves. Livie was practicing playing the guitar here.
Madie and Noah were playing the steel drums on a jam session here. I think they were playing to "Twinkle, twinkle little star". They had a ball and played for 2 hours. My favorite part was conducting the orchestra. That's where everyone was playing the drums, cymbols, french horn, etc... like I mentioned above. I wasn't great at it, but I got better as I practiced more. Every time you do a good job, you unlock more songs to play and instruments to use. It was too much fun!!
Then we had a few hours where I relaxed some and the kids played on the computer and with their toys. And, there was a while there where they all got in trouble for jumping on the beds.... Again, won't get into that. That happens when you're couped up inside from the cold and the rain. But, then we had supper, talked to Pete a bit on the phone, then headed out the door again for my committee meeting at church. That's where the DVD came in. I took our portable DVD player (thank goodness for technology!) and let them watch quietly while I had my meeting. It worked like a charm and we headed home about 8:30 and had them go straight to bed. I thought ahead and had them all get in their pjs and brush their teeth before we left, so we just had to take off shoes and coats and get under their covers and fall asleep. They were actually all asleep within a couple of minutes. Nice way to end our busy day.
2 comments:
I'm still laughing at the towels on the floor. This is not an event that will NOT occur again, you can count on it, so keep those old, worn out towels, they will come in handy the rest of your life. I still have a pile, some are more than 40 years old, for just such purposes. Ah, life!
Oh, I know it'll happen again. Unfortunately. The bad thing is those weren't my bad towels! I don't have any bad towels. All my extra towels I've sold at our garage sale or given away. Doh! Granted, they aren't expensive, wonderful towels, but they're still our every-day towels. Guess they've just become my "yuck" towels and new towels will be in my future. ;-)
Post a Comment