We just got back from our trip to Indiana. It was a lot of fun for us! We went to the Trolingers first and spent a few days there. Pete's Aunt Nancy and Uncle Ronnie were in town, so this is our yearly visit with them. They are super nice people and it's always fun to catch with them. Thanksgiving was, as always, super yummy! Sue (Pete's Mom) is SUCH a good cook! I have tried for the past 10 yrs to make gravy as delicious as hers and have not been successful. Pete's favorite thing about Thanksgiving is his mom's gravy and he always covers his entire plate with it! Here are some pictures from our time that day.

As you all know, Pete's brother Andy was serving his second tour in Iraq. I say "WAS", because he just got home to the states today! Hooray! He'll still spend about a week at Camp ... something or other, can't remember the name - Atterbury, maybe .... putting his supplies away and all that, but at least he's out of the war zone and will be home with his family soon. :-) Anyway, one of the things that he had sent home were his arm guards. Noah is really in love with anything related to the army, so he wore them as a vest for a while. He just thought it was so cool getting to wear REAL army gear! Both nana and I were asked to take pictures of him - BY HIM. ;-) Guess he wanted a memento of that, since they were being taken back to the armory to put away.

This is my sweet little niece. She just turned one in October and even though we saw her just last month, she's grown so much! She's walking now and saying a lot of new words. She's a dolly! She's Andy's little girl and just a cute little thing! It was fun getting to spend time with her while we were there. Her mom too! :-)

This is us eating our delicious Thanksgiving meal. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, GRAVY (as I've already mentioned), rolls, stuffing, mac and ch, baked beans, green beans, deviled eggs, the list goes on and on. I ate one plate and was so full I literally thought I was going to puke. Not fair! I thought I shouldn't feel like puking after just one plate! I should at least be able to put away 3 plates, but alas, that was not to be. But, I did get to have leftovers the next day and leftovers are almost as good as the real thing. Yum! Livie ate 3 helping of mashed potatoes. She ate her first helping before I even sat down and when she saw that Pete and I had mp on our plates, she demanded that we hand it over. I wouldn't have deprived Pete of his, so I selfishly gave her mine. Well, probably wasn't too selfish. I just went out and got more, but it's more fun to say it this way, because then I look like a true hero. ;-) A Thanksgiving Hero. Hmm... That has a nice ring to it.

The kids sat at the kiddie table. Don't you just love the kiddie table? I spent all my life wanting to sit at the big table, but now the kiddie table seems like such fun. :-) They had fun being goofy and telling turkey jokes. Who knew that there were so many ways to make fun of turkeys? Wonder if they can do that with Christmas Ham? Can "Hams" cross the road?

Afterwards, we all sat around, groaning about our full stomachs. I actually went back to the bedroom and laid down and took a nap. Like I said, I was at puking level and decided that wouldn't be something nice to do in front of other who had also pushed themselves to puking level. That wouldn't have ended well, I'm sure.

Then the boys ended the night with their yearly game of Poker. As you can see, Pete wasn't doing too well at this point. Granted, they aren't high-stakes players and I think that Pete only lost a couple bucks, but knowing I was shopping the next day, I was hoping that he'd win me a few extra shopping dollars. If, for nothing else, just a nice iced mocha coffee for that caffiene boost I needed on Black Friday. So, that's our Thanksgiving Day fun! We stayed there until Fri about suppertime. I went up to Goshen and shopped with Em and Jeff. I fought off more of the pukiness most of the morning, which sucked, because I always want to be on my "A" game on B.Friday, but I bounced back about 6 hours in, so that was good. Got some good deals too. Pete even went out that day. He left the kids with their papa and he went out and got us a new computer monitor and external hard drive. Exciting stuff, I know. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment