Me: So, Madie, why is this your favorite book?
Madie: Because I love learning about the history of dinosaurs and what they hunt and eat and stuff.
Me: Do you like any particular dinosaur in the book?
Madie: I like the Spinosaurus and the Allosaurus and the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Me: Why?
Madie: Because (sigh) I don't know. NO! Wait, I know! Because they hunt and I think it's cool.
Me: What do they hunt?
Madie: They hunt other dinosaurs.
Me: Isn't it gross to see them hunt and kill other dinosaurs?
Madie: It's not gross. To me, it's not gross.
Me: What IS gross then? (as I whisper to her...'say broccoli!')
Madie: When you get to see the other dinosaurs' blood. 'Cause THAT'S gross.
Me: Thank you Madie for your time.
Me: Noah, why is this your favorite book?
Noah: 'Cause it has cool pictures in it. Oh! And, because I love planets.
Noah: 'Cause it has cool pictures in it. Oh! And, because I love planets.
Me: Why do you like this page so much?
Noah: 'Cause I like the BIG one.
Me: What IS the big one?
Noah: (points).. THAT one! The big red space.
Noah: (points).. THAT one! The big red space.
Me: Do you know what that is?
Noah: It's a red giant.
Me: What's a red giant?
Noah: It's a, well, ok, ok, a red giant is really a dying sun.
Me: Really?!
Noah: Yeah! I like red giants. I just like it.
Me: Anything else you want to tell me about your book?
Noah: Red Giants are big too.
Noah: Red Giants are big too.
Me: Doesn't the word "giant" kind of explain that they're big? What if they were called "Red Babies"? What would that mean?
Noah: Well, it might mean that they are baby, tiny ones.
Me: Cool. Anything else to add to our interview?
Noah: My second favorite page is the one with the, hmmm, here, I'll show you. (runs back to his room) .... (he's back) Here I'll show you. (many minutes pass.............) Here it is! Mira.
Me: What is MIRA?
Noah: It's a type of star. And, that's it.
Me: I appreciate you talking with me. :-)
Me: Livie, why is this your favorite book?
Livie: 'Cause, "Where Dave".
Me: What do you like about the book?
Livie: Baby purple Ra-tor.
Livie: Baby purple Ra-tor.
Me: Why?
Livie: 'Cause nice guy. (starts to run away)
Me: Wait! I have more questions
Livie: No. Bye, mommy. (and, she leaves. But, Noah gets her to come back)
Livie: What mommy? (but as I type this, she gets bored waiting for me to answer and once again, leaves) .....(wait! she's back once again. I'd better type faster!)
Livie: What mommy?!!
Me: I'm glad you're back. Can you find Dave in every picture?
Me: I'm glad you're back. Can you find Dave in every picture?
Livie: Um, no.
Me: Why not?
Livie: 'Cause you not read that book.
Me: What color is he?
Livie: Green.
Livie: Green.
Me: Any other colors?
Livie: Yellow. Not me know. Bye guys! (and, she's gone)
Livie: Yellow. Not me know. Bye guys! (and, she's gone)
Well, I thank all my kids for their in-depth look at their favorite books. I try to get to the heart of the matter in any and all interviews I have. Really try and probe the minds of those sitting across from me. So, I hope this has been insightful and educational for my viewing audience. All 4 of you should be quite enthralled. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment