Today Madie had her Ottawa Poms practice. Once a year the high school girls at Ottawa High School have a camp where girls from preschool up to 8th grade can come and learn a routine, then perform it during a high school basketball game. They give her a t-shirt and they have snacks and it's just a lot of fun! She did it last year for the first time and we all had a really great time watching her and enjoying the basketball game. It was funny for me last year, because it was the first time I had been to a HS b-ball game in probably 10-14 yrs. I used to go to every single basketball game - home or away - all through high school. But, once I was in college and married, well, I didn't go anymore. So, not only is it fun for me to be at a b-ball game again and enjoy the atmosphere of that, it's even better, because I get to enjoy Madie's performance as well! Today was just the practice, but after a few hours, we were allowed to come back and watch all the kids do their routines.

Here's a picture of her practicing. You can see there are lots of girls in her group. I circled her and put an arrow, so you can see where she is. She's the short one in pink work-out pants. :-)
Then the girls all sat and watched as all the other groups did their routines. Livie wants to be in it next year! Can't wait!

Here's a picture of Madie doing some of her moves. Not easy to catch from the balcony bleachers or while she's moving around, but here's what I got.

Then at the very end, the whole team of Pom-Pom girls led the whole group of girls in a silly little dance thing. Madie's hidden by the rockettes' line. ;-) All in all, it was a really fun morning and we're really looking forward to seeing her in action next Friday at the game!!
No comments:
Post a Comment