Thursday, January 1, 2009

Olivia's Birthday Party #1 (Troll Fest)

My sweet little Olivia turned 3 while on our trip to IN. :-) We celebrated when we were at the Trolingers on her actual birthday (the 28th). I kind of started a tradition in our house (based off a tradition I heard about with a family from our church) where I decorate the dining room after they go to sleep the night before their birthday, so they wake up and see it looking all festive for the celebration. And, the weeks before their birthday, we sit and look together through the birthday ideas and I let them pick what theme they want. This year Livie had decided she wanted a dinosaur theme - The Land Before Time dinosaurs to be exact. She's become QUITE the dinosaur gal. That's all she wanted for both her birthday and christmas. Rrrarrrs (as she calls them). More specifically blue rrrarr poop. But, since that's so hard to find, she went with The Land Before Time guys instead. This picture is just moments after I woke up that morning. She came and greeted me on the stairs as I was coming down and immediantly wanted to show me the decorations. :-)



We didn't have her party until later that afternoon. She picked the hat out when we were at Target one day back in Nov.


She wanted an ice cream cake, so Pete and I went the day before and ordered her an all vanilla ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, with a blue dinosaur on the top. We got a green dinosaur and a vanilla cake with so much fudge and chocolate crumbles it could've been considered half van/half choc. I was only being generous in getting the vanilla, since that's what Pete likes, so I was MORE than happy to have all that extra choc!! :-) I mean, I TRIED to get the vanilla, right? She sat their with a little shy smile on her face while we sang Happy Birthday to her. It was so cute!



Then she tried with all her might to blow those 3 big candles out!

The first thing she opened was a little bag of goodies that her cousins Trevor and Ty gave her of little plastic bugs and dinosaurs and stuff. She liked it so much, she didn't even want to open anything else. If it's small and rubber or plastic, she's in heaven!!




Then she got a dinosaur set from Uncle Scott and Aunt Nancy. Scott was able to peek in a couple times, but he was on duty (he's a police officer), so he wasn't able to stay long. But, at least he got to come and see how much she loved the dinosaurs. :-)




We got her a bag of art stuff - watercolors, markers, paints, stampers, paper, stickers, etc.... She absolutely LOVES to color and draw, so she's been enjoying those things a ton. She's filled nearly both pads of paper already!



She also got a big blue neopet Dinosaur from her Uncle Andy and Aunt Francy as well. It's a flying dinosaur, so it's even cooler! She's slept with that and her other dinosaur stuffed animals pretty much every night since she got them. :-) The last present was from Nana and Papa. She got a little dancing studio with 5 little girls about the size of Polly Pocket girls. I can't for the life of me remember what the official name of them are, but they are so cute and Livie loved them! She and Madie were playing with them again last night as soon as I had unpacked them. She loves little play things.



The ice cream cake took a while to thaw enough for us to cut it, so we opened the presents, then had the cake. Livie ate it up! See all that fudge?! Yum!!!



Since Livie didn't get any blue dino poop, Scott and Nancy got her a thing of blue playdough, so she could make her own. Pete decided to make it for her....



So, that was her first 3rd birthday party. She had a great time and when it was over, Sue helped get a big taco bar going for all the guests. It was delicious and too much fun!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Ohh, I LOVE the idea of birthday decorating after the kids go to bed! Not sure if it would work for Christmas Eve babies, though ...