Saturday, January 24, 2009

Twilight


You may have noticed I haven't posted in a few days. Typically I post new entries almost daily, but this week has been a full one....though I never really left the house. You see, I read the series "Twilight" and was sucked in completely all week long!!! My sister was the one who told me to read it. So, I asked for it for Christmas, knowing that Em and my tastes are pretty simliar. I got several books for Christmas, so I decided to wait and read this last. I got busy though and just finally got around to reading it on Sunday. I spent every possible minute that day reading it and finished it that night. WOW! It was FANTASTIC!!!! I couldn't stand the thought of not knowing how the story ends. So, I immediantely went onto amazon.com and ordered the other 3 books. They were supposed to come sometime on Wed. WEDNESDAY?!!! I didn't know how the world I was going to make it two full days not having those books!!! I re-read the first book a bit on Mon and Tues just to give me some bit of Edward and Bella. But, Wed, I literally paced the floor the whole morning, looking out the door 4-5 times to see if they had been dropped off yet. Finally, at about 1pm, I saw that glorious box sitting on our step!! I cheered and danced (Livie thought I had lost my mind) and ripped the box open, starting into book 2 within a matter of moments. I read and read until my head hurt! I read until I had to pick the kids up. Read as I was sitting in the van waiting for them to come out of school. Read after I got their coats and backpacks put away. And, read as much during dinner as I could too. I finished that up sometime that night and decided to start ahead into book 3. Read part of that until after midnight - not wanting to put it down - then hit the sack. First thing in the morning, got the kids some breakfast AND started reading!!! I get a little OCD when I start reading a book. I don't want to stop for anything. And, with a series that I'm sucked into, it's extra hard to put down! Needless to say, with the exception of taking the kids to and from school, feeding them dinner, and answering their questions/breaking up fights, I was reading. The housework didn't get done. The laundry sat in a huge pile in our laundry room. And, the beds weren't made for 2 days. But, on Thurs night, I finished book 4 - reading the rest of book 3 that day, as well as all of book 4. Thank goodness I have cooperative children and I read quickly (oh, and let's not forget the full benefits of owning a Wii!!)! Though, like I said, I was fairly exhausted from using my brain that intensely for so many days like that. But, that's why I wasn't on here posting about our daily lives. Because MY life was fully and completely focused on Edward and Bella and their beautiful love story. Yes, the love story was full of vampires and werewolves, but still ..... beautiful! Now, I get this obsession the media was going through a couple months ago when the movie came out. I now count myself in with the legions of teenage girls who are hopelessly in love with Edward Cullen. I too have fallen for this 17 yr old vegetarian vampire (you'll know what that means if you read the book). I don't think it's arrestable to fall in love with a fictional teenager when I'm 34. But, it's probably borderline crazy. ;-) I went out last night with my friend Jackie, who unbeknowst to me, ALSO has read Twlight. We talked and talked and swooned! over it and have made plans to possibly drive over and see the movie in the next week or so. Hopefully we'll find a theater that still has it running. If not, we'll have to wait until Mar 21st when it's released on DVD. Two months! Eeek!! So, if you're curious as to why I haven't posted, it's because I've been out of commission for a few days and well, there just really wasn't much to report on. Pete worked a lot. The kids played Wii Music a lot. And, that's about it. I am now back to the land of the living though. Pete's quite happy to see I've reemerged. I did every stitch of laundry that I left pile up all those days. I made all the beds, did the dishes, and picked up the toys. You'd never know that I was in Forks, WA battling bloodsuckers and a really deadly italian coven all those days. There really is nothing like a good book! or..... in this case, books. :-)

4 comments:

The Schutz Family said...

You are the second person this week to tell me about this book! Ikes! I'm scared!

Judi Hahn said...

I'm not into vampires, but I'm into prayer, and I did the same thing with the Yada Yada prayer sisters books. I read and read and read, and one night I started, stupid me, a book at 1 a.m. and finished it at 6 a.m., and then had to get up at 8 a.m. But...I finished the Yada Yada series.

However, the author has started another series, along with her husband using some of the characters from the Yada Yada books, and now, thanks to my DIL, Amy, I'm hooked on those books too. And the next book doesn't come out until SEPTEMBER.

Oh well, between now and then, I'll get the laundry done, make the bed, cook better meals, etc., etc., But I know where you're coming from. Reading a book is NOT something that can be interrupted. Not ever! (I even take the books into the bathroom with me)

Amy said...

I have heard the same thing from everyone who has read those books. I'm just not sure about a book about vampires. I do like love stories but I just don't see what's appealing about a love story about a vampire? Maybe I should read it before I judge it though.

I know what you mean about getting obsesses with a book. I do that a LOT. I have to agree with mom about the Yada Yada books (written by Neta Jackson). If you haven't read them, you should! They are fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy, you HAVE to read it!! I thought the same thing. I'm not a vampire girl. But, I can say with absolute certainty, that I am INDEED one now!!! I don't just love the books, I "heart" the books. I "heart" Edward. I've turned into a giddy, little 15 yr old over the thing and think about it all the time. I think Pete has seriously questioned my sanity this past week. Not that he doesn't usually anyway, but I've definitely been getting more looks and asides. ;-)

Judi was telling me a couple weeks ago about the Yada Yada books. I'll have to check them out, but I've decided not to read any new books for a month, because reading THAT much in such a short amount of time, pushed my brain to the limit. I need time for it to relax and go back to its normal state of obliviousness.