Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And, They're Off!

The first day of school has arrived and we were up bright and early so we could get showers, get dressed, and GET PICTURES! The first day of school has always been a special one. Even when I was a kid, we would get our pictures taken in our new outfits on our front porch. I've tried to carry on that tradition with my own kids. Though, this year, they didn't get new outfits. They have so many clothes, I couldn't justify getting them another new outfit, so we just opted to get new shoes instead.



Here's Noah ready to start 1st grade. He was pretty excited!


Here's my fashionista ready to start 3rd grade. She's growing up so fast!



Here are all the kids, ready to head out the door to the school.



The first day of school is always crazy, because lots and lots of parents bring their kids to school that first day. Take pictures, walk them in - just like we always do! So, the parking and craziness is pretty overwhelming. Thankfully we're old hats at this, so we knew to expect it. Pete came with us, as always, and that's always a special treat to have daddy come too.



Once we got inside, my flash stopped working (have I mentioned how much I hate my camera lately?!), so all the pictures are blurry. Sorry. This is them walking down to the gym. All the grades meet in the gym every morning for announcements, then are dismissed to their classrooms.





This is where it got hairy! The doors to the gym were jam-packed with kids, teachers, parents - all trying to get in and find their classes. I ended up walking them to the door and seeing them in, only to have them come back out to tell me they didn't know where to go. Madie's grade were now on the bleachers instead of the floor, so thankfully her best girlfriend Katie was happening to walk by at that very moment and she told Madie she's show her where to go. Then, I walked Noah in to find his class. He got to see his best friend Keeden in another line and waved to him and to another friend Zoe, then took his place in line with his class by his friend Madison. So, they were all safely in place and ready to start the day. Just hope it's a good one for them!




Here are Pete and Livie looking in the gym doors at all the kids. Why Livie looks the other way when I want to take a picture, I'll never know. All my kids have "wandering eyes" when it's picture time. But, there you have it! First Day of School Drop-off was a success. Now, let's hope the day goes as smoothly. :-)

1 comment:

nanatroll65 said...

They look so grown-up already. Love the new shoes. Hope they had a great day.