Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Fashion Show

Last night the girls were part of a fashion show put on by Bergners Dept Store in the mall. Our friends the Mullinixes told us about and we signed up to do it with them. Their son is Michael - Madie's best friend. I've talked about them a lot. We went out to dinner together beforehand, then headed to the mall to get the girls dressed. Last weekend we went there and picked out the outfits they were going to wear. I wanted Noah to be a part of it, but he said he didn't want to do it. He thought he would be too shy to stand on stage in front of all those people. So, while I was getting the girls ready, Pete took Noah to the Golf Pro Shop and did a little looking around. Noah liked that a whole lot better. :-)



Here are Madie and Michael in their outfits. I told Patty, his mom, that they looked like they were getting ready for prom or something. Too cute!


This is Livie and Michael's brother Andrew in their outfits. Livie just loves those boys to pieces!!



Here they are standing around before they had to line up in their age groups. Livie was in the first group and was actually the very first person in the show! She started the whole thing, so that was really awesome. :-) That's Patty doing Michael's hair. I was a little afraid that Livie wasn't going to do very well up there, because she was tired and getting cranky, but it all worked out.



I wish I had videotaped the girls, because they did SUCH a good job! Livie was adorable up there! She was waving at everyone and smiling and the audience (there was quite an audience!) was ooh-ing and aah-ing at her. She was such a cutie. :-) She wore a pair of dark glittery jeans with a plain long-sleeved white shirt and light blue short-sleeved sweater.



Andrew did a really good job too. Loved his vest and thought he looked so cute! He kept telling Livie she looked "sharp". ;-) How sweet is that?!




Madie was a pro. She's gotten quite comfortable on stage, now that she's done so many dance performances. She stood there and smiled and did a little spin for everyone. Really cute! Madie wore a Hello Kitty grey tulle skirt with a nice button-down white shirt with a black ribbon around the waist.




Michael stole the show. He was hilarious! He got up there and was making all these faces and poses. Cracked us up! I told his dad that he was the epitomy of a "pastor's son". ;-)
After the show was over, we had the option to buy the outfits they were wearing at 30% off. I loved the girls' outfits to pieces, so I bought them. They fit the girls perfectly and, even though I wasn't planning on buying Livie entire outfit, I decided that you can never have enough jeans, so I got the whole thing for her. Plus, they were only $12, so I thought that was a pretty good deal.
It was a really fun night with some great friends. :-)

No comments: