Monday, August 24, 2009

My Brave Girl!

I have one brave girl!!!! Madie had to have 2 teeth taken out today and she did such a great job! She has a small mouth, like her mommy, and the two teeth she lost already had no place to come in, so they came in the back of her mouth. So, to make way for those 2 permanent teeth, the dentist had to pull the teeth on either side of them. Having been through this many times as a kid myself, I was nervous for her. No one wants to see their child go through something like that, so to say I was a nervous wreck for her, is an understatement!

I stayed in the waiting room while she went back, but about 3-5 min later they came and got me. Madie was crying and scared. So, we calmed her down (the dentist, the nurse, and I) and the dentist put the gas mask on her. You could see it start to work at calming her down. Her eyes got this distant look in them and her mouth started to slowly turn into a smirk. Then she let out a little laugh. :-) We knew it had done its job then! It's quite a sight to watch your child get "high". She was hilarious! She was talking all about Anakin and how she felt just like him when he almost died and had to wear a mask like that. Then she started talking about how she felt like she was in a spaceship, floating up into the sky. Too funny. Just chattered away as the dentist put numbing gel on her gums, then gently took the shots and quietly gave them to her. She said "ouch" a couple times, but didn't really care too much about the pinch that she felt. Long story short, I stood with her the whole time while she had this done and those teeth were out in like 3 sec. She didn't even blink an eye. I must say, all my experiences with Dr. Chechowiz and his team have been nothing less than awesome. The girls there are so good with my kids. He's so good with my kids. He made it painless and smooth - for both her and ME! I was so happy. And, the best part is when we were leaving she said, "Boy, that was fun!". Who knew pulling teeth out would be such an adventure?! ;-)



So, here are her baby teeth. Look like they were going to be there for a while. Still have the roots on them!


Here's her mouth, minus 2 new teeth now. Her mouth is so numb, she can barely move it, so I pulled her lip down so you could see it better. You can see in the middle is her permanent tooth and another growing beside it, with two small empty spaces where those teeth were just an hour ago. Now, she's excited because she thinks the tooth fairy is going to be VERY generous tonight. And, I have a feeling - she will be. ;-)

No comments: