This is Madie's last year on the first floor. She's at the very end of the hallway by the Panther Door where I pick them up. You can see it there in the background. We found her locker and put her things inside of it and went into her classroom to meet her teacher Mrs. McGraw. I had never met her before, but what a wonderfully nice lady! I talked with her for several minutes, told her I'd like to volunteer in there and she was excited about that. Plus, we got to see all the names of the kids in Madie's class. She has several of her closest friends in there this year. So happy for her!!
Next we went down to Noah's room and met his teacher Mrs. Smith. Again, I had never met her, but she seems very nice and I'm really hoping Noah enjoys his class this year. His best friend Keeden isn't in his class and he's a little sad about that, but knows they'll get to play during recess and movie days and we'll continue to have playdates together, so that will be fun! His closest friends from last year aren't in his class this year, but he did have a few that he remembered. All the K and 1st grade classrooms got new carpet and tiles and it looks so nice in there now! I didn't volunteer for his classroom, since I did his classroom last year, and really was hoping to have one of my two days off (while Livie's in school) to myself, but I'm feeling guilty about leaving him off, so I may end up trying to squeeze him in too. I signed up for all the parties though, so he won't be totally on his own. Just love getting the chance to work in my kids' rooms, because then I get to know the other students in their class and stuff. It's really nice.
After we met the teachers and saw their classrooms and got their stuff dropped off (which is so nice to do beforehand, because they are LOADED down and it's a lot for them to carry on their own that first day), we headed down to the cafeteria and got to eat some ice cream. We ran into a friend of Madie's and they were all looking out the window at the rain that was coming down. It was really pouring there for a while!

Here are Pete and Livie enjoying their ice cream. Livie seems to want to make this face everytime she gets her picture taken lately. Ornery!! You can kinda see the fifths disease that is all over her. She looks like she has leprosy or something. Poor kid.

And, here are Madie and Noah with me and our ice creams. Yum!! They are finally getting really excited about school. They weren't too happy about it earlier, because they don't want to do homework again, but once they got in there and saw the classrooms and some of their friends, they were bouncing off the walls - quite literally! - with excitement. I'm hoping and praying that 09-10 school year will be a fantastic one for them both!
Here are Pete and Livie enjoying their ice cream. Livie seems to want to make this face everytime she gets her picture taken lately. Ornery!! You can kinda see the fifths disease that is all over her. She looks like she has leprosy or something. Poor kid.
And, here are Madie and Noah with me and our ice creams. Yum!! They are finally getting really excited about school. They weren't too happy about it earlier, because they don't want to do homework again, but once they got in there and saw the classrooms and some of their friends, they were bouncing off the walls - quite literally! - with excitement. I'm hoping and praying that 09-10 school year will be a fantastic one for them both!
No comments:
Post a Comment