Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Visit

Well, mom and dad came to visit this past weekend and just left today. They came to see Madie's Riverfest performance and had planned to leave Mon, but when Pete suggested they stay so dad could go play golf on Tues during Pete's golf league, they decided to stay a couple extra days, so dad could do that. :-) Dad was having issues with his siatic nerve in his hip, but he just took lots of ibuprofin to keep the pain at bay, so he and Pete could visit that golf course 3 times during their stay.


Of course, he also got the kids into baseball cards while he was here. Last visit he bought them a box of Star Wars cards, but this time he bought a couple boxes of baseball cards, since that's truly more where his heart lies and the kids just had a ball. Madie would help him look up how much money the cards were that they got and all that. Reminded me so much of what I did with him as a kid.


Here's a picture I took of Livie after she had climbed up on Papa's back while playing Legos. I didn't get to take many pictures, because I had taken a couple long talky blogs with dad and that used up all my camera memory. And, sadly, I've been unable to upload those blogs yet. But, that's why I didn't take more pictures of their visit. We all went to Hank's on Monday night and mom and dad came with us after dinner as we went to look at the animals they have there. The kids saw peacocks and a VERY pregnant goat, chickens, and a few other animals. That was really fun and the rest of the time, we just enjoyed each other and relaxed. Dad helped mom to the basement, so she could see what we had done to it, but she was so allergic to Olive, our cat, that she didn't stay down there long, because she was having trouble breathing. Olive actually didn't come upstairs much at all during their 5 day stay and Dad figured it was God's way of keeping mom from having such a bad reaction. She hasn't had that kind of reaction for a long time when it comes to cats, but that's Olive's lair down there and since we don't vaccuum or dust much down there, I'm sure the cat dander was plentiful and that's what caused her reaction. But, other than that, it was a fun time and the kids absolutely LOVED having their grandparents here for so many days. We had a great time!

3 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

Another thing your mom and I share -- cat allergy. I'm allergic to cats also. I'm glad you had a good time. I don't think, though, that Maddie on your dad's back was helpful to his sciatic nerve, was it? Maybe it was like a chirpractic adjustment having her sit there. I hope he goes to the doctor and gets that cleared up. I know that Ibuprophin isn't the best way to relieve that pain, because I went through 24 pills in 12 hours one night when that pain was at its worst and it didn't do the job at all. I should have showed your mom how to press into his ankle to relieve the pain. There's also that video that's online. Do you think if I facebook him the link, he'd watch it?

Lori said...

That was actually Livie and he wasn't hurting that day, thankfully. :-) Though, she didn't stay on long. Just long enough for me to take the picture. You could send it to him and see. He hasn't checked his FB page for a while, he said though.

Judi Hahn said...

I knew that was Livie. Duh! Maddie has dark hair and looks like you and is bigger. Livie is little. I'm just not good with names. Funny story there. I called one of my neighbors the other day because I was giving her some of the books I read this summer. I couldn't remember her name when she picked up her phone and said, "Hello." So I said, "Hi, this is Judi Hahn, and if you give me a minute I'll remember who I called." We both laughed because she has the same problem. Unfortunately, her husband is in the middle stages of Alzheimers, so joking about not remembering things isn't too funny for her, except that she can't remember names either. I guess you had to be there.