Since we're going backwards, you'll notice in the picture above a beautiful hanging basket of flowers. I found those tonight on my doorstep from my shepherds. And, what I mean by "shepherds" are the fantastic women who are my Sunday School teachers. Isn't that such a sweet gift?!! Just perfect for that spot. I told Pete on Sunday when we were cleaning out the garage that I needed something for that spot and 3 days later, one shows up on my doorstep. Loved it! I'm so thankful for the wonderful volunteers that help me create that program. I am so blessed!
The reason I wasn't home to receive the flowers was because we were all at Noah's baseball game. He had his first game on Monday, but I only got to go for about 10 min, because I had to pick Madie up from dance class. Not to mention it was raining the entire time. But, here Noah is up to bat in tonight's game. The game didn't quite go as well as we had hoped and I had to have a LONG conversation about "trying our best" and "working hard". When the coach has to drag you off the field because you don't want to walk, there's a problem. Yeah. But, I think he's going to try harder next time and do his best to stay focused and be "baseball ready". It wasn't just him though. All the boys tonight had their heads elsewhere. Coach Homer had a long talk with them as well. So, hopefully next time we'll see them all working hard. I told Noah I don't expect him to be the best. I just expect him to try his hardest - whether that's at school or bball or swimming. Whatever it is, I want him to do everything he can to be the best he can be and if he does that, I'm happy. So, maybe I'll have Papa D work with him over the weekend in NJ and get him into tip-top baseball shape. :-)
Of course, the whole of my day was spent packing. Had to wash up a couple loads of things that they had worn since Monday and get everything gathered and packed. Tried to pack for both warm and cool days, since it's going to be all sorts of temps out there. Had to get shoes and stuffed animals and fans. All the extremely important stuff! ;-) I'll finish packing the toiletries bag tonight, then get it all packed in the morning, because I drop Livie off for school at noon and get my hair colored before picking her and the kids up again and heading to mom and dad's. Can't wait to take lots of pictures on the road trip and share it all with you! I'm hoping this one will be so fun that we'll want to go on lots more. So, please be praying for all of us as we descend on NJ and pray that we all have safe and great travels ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment