We left this morning at 8:30 with my group of 4. That might not seem like a lot, but when you enter the park and they run 4 different directions and want to buy tons of stuff in a gift shop with 4 different envelopes of money, it's not quite as easy as you'd think. Not to mention carrying their 4 lunches in my backpack and all those things they bought in the gift shop as well. And, wouldn't ya know it? Someone had to buy, not 1, but 2! 4' long umbrellas!! Sigh. Can you tell I'm tired?!! We did really have a lot of fun though, so don't let my exhaustion damper our adventure. The picture above is of the 4 kiddos I had today. The girl in purple is Noah's "girlfriend", Madison. Bianca and Gary are also in his class and are sweet kids.
It was an hour and a half long trip to the zoo, so they were super-excited once we got there and just started running for the nearest animal - in all different directions. I quickly gathered them together and had a little pow-wow about staying together, which seemed to work about 30% of the time. ;-) You'll notice I usually only have Noah and the girls in the picture, because Gary was a little camera shy.

We ran into Noah's best friend Keeden a couple of times and they had to give each other big hugs every time they saw each other. So cute!

This was a GIANT boa that we saw. I swear, it was HUGE! The thing that was really cool about this zoo was that you could really get up close to the animals. It's not a very big zoo, but really a fun place to go.

Noah liked this frog, because when you pushed on the lever, he shot water out of his mouth.

Here we are by the camel. Noah had accidentally dropped our snow cone on the ground, so he wasn't too keen on smiling, but he finally did. Those are monkeys around his neck that he bought at the gift shop.

The Africa exhibit was by far the coolest. You could walk on these big boardwalks that towered over the animals. I really enjoyed that part!

Like this lioness above, we walked up on this boardwalk and were able to look right across at her.

Here's a better picture of the boardwalk.

And, check out this emu! We were almost close enough to touch it! He came right on over to us and watched us very closely. Don't think he trusted those crazy kids!! ;-) All in all, it was a fun time. SOOOOO tiring trying to keep track of them and make sure that I showed back up to the buses with the same number of kids I left with! But, we made it and everyone was happy. I have a meeting tonight, so the countdown continues with nothing else accomplished, except for a messier house than I had last night. How is it possible that you say to the kids "We need to clean up this mess" and they translate that in their head to be "Hey! Let's get out MORE stuff and dump it on the floor. Oh, and make sure the pieces are smaller. Mommy will like that!". Ugh. So, after I finish this post, I will be marching the kids around to clean the house, so tomorrow I can finish up everything else on my list. And, it's a long one! OH! I will say that I did get one thing accomplished today. Got out all the outfits for the kids to pack tomorrow. Just gotta get a couple things washed up that they wore today and get out underwear and socks and they will be ready to go. So, I am a bit closer to getting that done. Thankfully (and hopefully) I will have all day tomorrow until Noah's bball game in the afternoon to get all those things marked off my list. So, I'm crossing my fingers that I have a lot to post about on the final day of our countdown. Wish me luck!!
We ran into Noah's best friend Keeden a couple of times and they had to give each other big hugs every time they saw each other. So cute!
This was a GIANT boa that we saw. I swear, it was HUGE! The thing that was really cool about this zoo was that you could really get up close to the animals. It's not a very big zoo, but really a fun place to go.
Noah liked this frog, because when you pushed on the lever, he shot water out of his mouth.
Here we are by the camel. Noah had accidentally dropped our snow cone on the ground, so he wasn't too keen on smiling, but he finally did. Those are monkeys around his neck that he bought at the gift shop.
The Africa exhibit was by far the coolest. You could walk on these big boardwalks that towered over the animals. I really enjoyed that part!
Like this lioness above, we walked up on this boardwalk and were able to look right across at her.
Here's a better picture of the boardwalk.
And, check out this emu! We were almost close enough to touch it! He came right on over to us and watched us very closely. Don't think he trusted those crazy kids!! ;-) All in all, it was a fun time. SOOOOO tiring trying to keep track of them and make sure that I showed back up to the buses with the same number of kids I left with! But, we made it and everyone was happy. I have a meeting tonight, so the countdown continues with nothing else accomplished, except for a messier house than I had last night. How is it possible that you say to the kids "We need to clean up this mess" and they translate that in their head to be "Hey! Let's get out MORE stuff and dump it on the floor. Oh, and make sure the pieces are smaller. Mommy will like that!". Ugh. So, after I finish this post, I will be marching the kids around to clean the house, so tomorrow I can finish up everything else on my list. And, it's a long one! OH! I will say that I did get one thing accomplished today. Got out all the outfits for the kids to pack tomorrow. Just gotta get a couple things washed up that they wore today and get out underwear and socks and they will be ready to go. So, I am a bit closer to getting that done. Thankfully (and hopefully) I will have all day tomorrow until Noah's bball game in the afternoon to get all those things marked off my list. So, I'm crossing my fingers that I have a lot to post about on the final day of our countdown. Wish me luck!!
No comments:
Post a Comment