Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fire and Toothless

Pete left Friday morning for China, which of course meant that he would miss something exciting! We were getting out of Walmart, where we had just gone grocery shopping and I see, in the distance, a big cloud of smoke. I pointed it out to the kids, who wanted to go check it out. Looked like it was coming from Ottawa, where we were, but we quickly discovered it was coming from just down the street from our house!


There was a section of abandoned buildings at the end of Main St and they had caught on fire. Five buildings in all were burning down and it created quite a specticle in our little town, let me tell you! The part that wasn't so exciting? The entire town lost power for 12 hrs. Remember, I said we had just come out of Walmart where we had been grocery shopping, so we had a truck full of groceries and a refrigerator that wasn't running in 87 degree weather. Ugh. I have to clean out the frig this week, but trying to wait until the day before garbage day (Thurs), so the garage doesn't smell of rotting meat. It was definitely a sight to see though. The fire was pretty amazing!

We went by the next day on our way to dance class to see what remained. They prevented it from spreading to the other businesses on the block, thankfully.



But a lot was destroyed. Still smoking 2 days later!


On toothless news, Madie lost her other front tooth! She lost the first one last Sunday and the other one yesterday. She looks so cute! Love when kids lose those front two teeth. But, I can tell already that a visit to the ortho is in our near future. She's enjoying her new vampire look though and is constantly looking in the mirror and making hissing noises. Yep. That's my girl!

No comments: