The kids had a half day at school today, so I was trying to think of something for them to do that might actually be helpful to me in the process. :-) Next week is our 2nd annual fall outreach at church. It's something that I wanted to do last year, so I brought it to the committee and got it approved. It's a way for our SS kids to kick-off the new year. They get to invite friends and we also invite people from the community to come as well. It's a lot of work, but lots of fun! It was so cool last year, that we decided to do again this year as well. So, next Thursday we're doing "Slime Time". It's based off the Power Lab VBS that many churches in our area did. One of the things they do on "Slime Time" night is get their pictures taken and then we send them their pictures with an invite to come back to our church. Well, I thought, will all that I have left to do for the outreach, how can I have the kids help today. BINGO! We're going to build Fizz! So, we got the box out and all the pieces to the big puzzle that he was and put him together. It was pretty fun! I wanted to take a picture of the kids with their finished project. They were pretty impressed with themselves. And, I think he's going to make a stunning addition to our outreach night! :-)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Fizz and the Kids
The kids had a half day at school today, so I was trying to think of something for them to do that might actually be helpful to me in the process. :-) Next week is our 2nd annual fall outreach at church. It's something that I wanted to do last year, so I brought it to the committee and got it approved. It's a way for our SS kids to kick-off the new year. They get to invite friends and we also invite people from the community to come as well. It's a lot of work, but lots of fun! It was so cool last year, that we decided to do again this year as well. So, next Thursday we're doing "Slime Time". It's based off the Power Lab VBS that many churches in our area did. One of the things they do on "Slime Time" night is get their pictures taken and then we send them their pictures with an invite to come back to our church. Well, I thought, will all that I have left to do for the outreach, how can I have the kids help today. BINGO! We're going to build Fizz! So, we got the box out and all the pieces to the big puzzle that he was and put him together. It was pretty fun! I wanted to take a picture of the kids with their finished project. They were pretty impressed with themselves. And, I think he's going to make a stunning addition to our outreach night! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We did Power Lab at our church this summer. The kids LOVED it!! In fact as I was reading this, Matthew recognized Fizz. He likes playing with the characters the kids got on their keychains they made.
My sis's church did the same thing as did my sis-in-law's church. Sounds like it was awesome!!! Slime Time is based off that, but is just a one-night thing filled with games and crafts and stuff. It's next week, so I'll post pictures of it. I bet Matthew will recognize all the characters then. :-)
Post a Comment