Tonight was Madie and Noah's Open House at school. It's where all the teachers in the entire school stay and welcome all the parents into the classrooms and show them what projects they've done so far. They also have an introduction where they have people from the PTA and Booster Club come up and invite parents to be a part of their organization. Last year was the first year we went and it was fun. I didn't really want to go tonight to be honest, because Pete's gone and I'd have to keep track of all 3 kids with a school full of kids and their parents and sibs. Plus, Gustav has been hanging around all day, so it's been POURING rain. But, they really wanted to show off their stuff, so we went. I'm glad we did, because it was fun and it gave me a chance to talk to the teachers. Mrs. Blumenshine, Madie's teacher, told me she's doing really well. She said she's pretty quiet, but that she appreciates having a quiet student once in a while. ;-) She said now that the reading schedule has changed, they have recess with the kindergarteners every morning and that she and Noah have had lots of fun playing. I knew that they had been sharing recess, because Noah had told me how excited he was to see Madie. He waits every day for her to come out. He said he sits on a bench until she comes, so then they can play together. :-) So cute! Then we were off to Mrs. Newberry's class, which is Noah's teacher. We were just there for Kindergarten Round-up, but Noah really wanted to show us his class. Plus, it gave me a chance to find out how he was doing so far. She said he's doing better. She said he really likes to talk. I told her that his talking was the thing I was most worried about. Anyone who knows my boy knows that he'll talk anyone under the table. If you ask him a question and you should be prepared for a VERY LONG answer!! He has an opinion about everything and loves to share his opinion and ideas with whoever will listen. And, even those who don't. ;-) But, she said he's doing better about staying quiet during desk time and that he's doing better with his writing, which was another thing I worried about, so I'm glad to hear that in the 2-3 weeks he's been in school that he's already beginning to make changes and adjust to the rules of the classroom. After that we swung by Madie's old 1st grade class to say hi to her teacher, then headed to the cafeteria for some cookies. I got to say hi to a few of the parents I've met over the past couple of years, so that was nice. Sorry you missed it honey, but hope this entry will help you feel like you were there. :-)
*The clown wall behind Madie has her picture on it. She's the one in the middle. And, the thing Noah's pointing at is the fish he made. The picture behind Noah in the last picture is one he drew of himself.
1 comment:
That's so cute that Noah waits on the bench for Madie to come out an play at recess! Hopefully they will always get along this well. :)
Post a Comment