I don't really have a whole lot to tell you about. These past 3 days have been fairly uneventful. I could tell that I did some christmas shopping. I could tell you that we watched a movie. Or, I could tell you that I broke out with two new zits! Only two of those things though are even slightly interesting and the zits are NOT one of them. Can I rant for a second though? I turn 34 yrs old in less than 2 weeks and I STILL get these things! What the heck is that about?! Will I still be dealing with these things when I'm 50? Will I finally get a break from them when I'm 80? I mean, seriously?! It's been 15 yrs since I graduated high school. Shouldn't these things stop popping up by now? If any of you out there are older than I am and can give me a clue as to an age when they go away for good, I'd appreciate you letting me know. It's kind of like morning sickness. You know that typically by the time you hit the 3 month mark, you'll be feeling better, so you look forward to that time, so you'll get a break. I'd like to know that there is an end in sight for these things. Maybe 36? 40? Just need a goal date to shoot for. 'Course, once they go, I'll get to look forward to hot flashes and night sweats. Wow! So many exciting things to come! ;-) Maybe zits aren't as bad as I thought.... Anyway, on with the blog of boringness. I took some pictures just because it's fun to take pictures of the kids, but we didn't do much at all other than lay around, play some games, etc.. I think at one point I saw cobwebs forming on us from lack of movement. We rented "Star Wars: Duels" today, so at least we had a bit of time where we moved. But, our legs and arms had begun to atrophy from laying on the couch for 2 days, so it was hard to get moving again. ;-) OK, I might be exaggerating a little......but, it was a pretty boring weekend. I'm sure as the days get busier over the holidays, I'll look back on this weekend with great fondness, wishing we had a lazy day like today. Guess we'll find out soon since Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away. Anyway, that's my update - zits, laziness, and cobwebs. Aren't you glad you popped by to check? ;-)
4 comments:
Okay, girl, you asked for it. First, I still get zits. I'm 65, almost 66. I still get night sweats and hot flashes, and have gotten them since I was around 50. I have 80-year-old friends who still get hot flashes. Lots to look forward to. And so you don't get bored, you never know when one of those hot flashing suckers is going to hit you, which makes for an interesting life. I mean when they hit you want to strip down to nothing, and that makes for interesting conversation in mixed company, at church, on a Sunday morning, in February!
You are not alone! I have more problems with those darn zits now than I did in high school!! Now hot flashes I can do without so if I never get a hot flash and deal with zits the rest of my life, it sounds like I'd be living the good life! I'm not looking forward to middle-age and beyond, I know that for sure!
Boy, Judi, you give a gal a lot to look forward to....NOT! How does one explain the reason why you're stripping off clothes during the church service? Don't know if I could pull that off without security being called or something. Or at least the elder board. Wouldn't that make my father proud? ;-) And, the fact that you're telling me that the zits keep coming into my 60s is enough to push me over the edge right now. Thirty more years of these things?!!! Boy, what other gems await me? Wait...don't tell me. I don't think I want to know.
Zits: Can't live with 'em, and apparently can't live without 'em!
Post a Comment