Winter has arrived, much to my dismay. Usually I'm very excited about winter and snow and all that. But, this year I just haven't quite gotten into the mood. Maybe it's because we enjoyed such a beautiful Halloween, that I didn't want it to end. Nothing like being coat-free on an October evening. Cool days that were still nice enough to still keep the windows open. Perfect!! But the cold that has come this week has not been greeted with enthusiasm - at least not from me. As you can see from the pictures though, I have no choice but to accept it. The first snow of the year is falling. I don't expect it to actually create any accumulation, but if it's snowing, that means it's cold, and that more snow will be on its way eventually. The kids ran to the windows to watch it. They're thrilled to pieces!! The only problem is I have yet to buy them snow boots. So, we need to get out to the store soon and get them outfitted with their winter gear. Livie actually already has her boots. I got her some a couple weeks ago, but haven't had the chance to take Madie and Noah out shopping yet. Guess we'll do that this weekend, so we're prepared for the day that we actually get some inches on the ground. But this means, unless something changes by next week, I'll be shopping on Black Friday, freezing my butt off, waiting for the stores to open, so I can save those precious few dollars on a hamper I didn't need in the first place, but must buy it because it's 50% off!! Ahhh....the joys of winter. :-)
2 comments:
Seems to me that before children (BC) you enjoyed shopping on Black Friday -- I know that because we went out in search of a place to have breakfast and waited and waited and waited, but you were not discouraged, because you knew you would be going to Old Navy as soon as breakfast was over. And what was that 7, 8 years ago? As we age our interests change -- including shopping on Black Friday, which was a day I enjoyed shopping BC as well.
I remember that too! :-) I liked shopping in general back then, so that's probably why I was excited. Honestly, I can't remember shopping on Black Friday though until AFTER I had kids. I couldn't get my sorry butt up at 5 am to do that kind of thing. I would shop sometimes on that day, but only later once I woke up. I love it now though. My sister and I go and it's a riot. We're both deliriously tired, hopped up on iced mochas, and just laughing at our craziness. It's too fun!
A few years back, mom and dad were out here for Thanksgiving. I think I might have been pregnant wtih Noah and dad wanted something that was listed on sale that morning, so I told him we'd go for the 6am opening. He was doubtful, but he went. It was hysterical! He was in shock at how many people were there and what the store was like. He was making eye contact with all the men shopping that morning and giving them knowing expressions of misery. It was so funny to see him in that environment. He can't NOT talk to everyone he's around, so he was making conversation with the people around us and making comments about everything. I was cracking up!
Post a Comment