Saturday, August 29, 2009

Today = Suck


Today pretty much sucked. I'm sure you're wondering what in the heck that has to do with the picture above and I can tell you, it pretty much has NOTHING to do with the picture above, but it does fit into the story, so bear with me here. There were good moments and not so good moments, but we decided to make sure the end of our day wasn't quite as sucky as the beginning of our day - which DEFINITELY sucked! The morning did NOT get off to a good start. I won't get into it, because the sucky part will take quite a while to explain. Let's just say I made a big mistake in one of my committees at church and now.... well, don't really know what's going to happen yet. But, it's a mess and I have to figure out a way to clean it all up without making anyone mad. Oh the joy. After that mess, we had a birthday party with some friends. It was fun and didn't suck and took my mind off the mess and suckiness for a short while. Then we headed off to the Peru Mall, so Madie could spend her tooth fairy money and some of her saved money at Claires (our new favorite store!). I took the girls with me and Pete took Noah with him to MC Sports. As you can see in the picture above, Pete found himself quite a bargain and bought himself a new set of golf clubs with his bonus check that he received a couple weeks ago. The evening was looking up!! While they shopped, the girls and I shopped and boy did we have fun! My girls are definitely turning into great shoppers and they LOVE jewelry! So, we spent quite a while in there. So long in fact, Pete found the clubs, bought them, drove back to the mall, walked through the mall and we still weren't quite finished with our shopping in that store. Decisions, decisions - ya know? ;-) Madie bought a cute set of earrings, a watch ring, a blindfold thingy you wear to bed, and a hair extension clip. All super cute stuff! I bought her a set of candy corn earrings and Livie a set of spider hair clips and kitty costume. Halloween's coming, so I had to be prepared. :-) The evening continued to look up and definitely wasn't sucking. Thank goodness. Then we went on a hunt for a fall jacket and/or winter coat for Noah. Completely unsuccessful, but it still didn't suck. We'll save that for another day. We were able to do a bit more shopping, find a few more things, before heading over to Applebees for supper. All in all, we ended on a pretty good note. Granted, I will probably not fall asleep tonight until 3 am because I'll be so worried about this mess I've created, but those things happen from time to time. Hopefully I have something good saved on the DVR that I can watch. ;-) Anyway, that was our day in a nutshell and thought I'd share the pic of Pete with his lovely new golf set. He was pretty excited about it, let me tell ya! Noah was too. I think golfing will probably be in his future as well. :-)

1 comment:

The Schutz Family said...

Sorry you had a rough day. Shopping always helps! Love ya!