Friday, August 21, 2009

A War, Huh?

It's not surprising when you stand up for a cause that you find people that try and silence you or challenge your belief system. It can be said for many people over the centuries that when a cause was just, they felt the most opposition before change ultimately came. I see that daily in our fight against broccoli and sadly, I face a lot of that opposition in my own family. Now, I don't weep for myself and the struggles I face. I only weep for those still in the throws of their broccoli addictions - many still in complete denial that they even have a problem. Believing the false claims that broccoli is "good for you" and all that nonsense. Not even noticing the horrific taste anymore, because after so many years of consuming it, their taste buds have shriveled up and died. A war has been declared by my aunt on her blog http://thefatladysingeth.blogspot.com/ . I love her, but cannot sit idly by as she tries to drum up support for the treacherous stem. Yes, I say treacherous because it pretends to be this perfect vegetable. Seemingly innocent as it grows in our gardens. It's not until it gets you in its grip that you realize how truly terrifying and evil it is! May I remind you of what it did to my sweet, innocent little girl?

Before broccoli:



After broccoli:



I'm sorry to have to stun you with such graphic images of what this addiction can bring. This happened after just one taste. Frightening, isn't it? Thankfully we were able to bring her back, but she continues to want more of it. One taste and already she's hopelessly lost. Seeking it out in stores, trying to shoplift it because I won't buy it. I'm afraid of what's next. Armed robbery?! I saw her trying to bring a water gun into Walmart before. What her plans with it were, I'll never know. But, this is what this horrible thing will do to a person. This is the type of thing we face in our very own family. So, this subject hits close to home for us as we fight, not only the outside influences, but also the internal influences as well. I share this sad story only to reinforce our beliefs. To let you know of the horrors of broccoli growth and consumption in this country. So, to you out there, trying to silence us or create new "soldiers" for your axis of evil, I say "Take your best shot!". I'm ready and we will prevail!

4 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

You may win a few battles, but God has already won the war, and HE created broccoli and called it GOOD!

Lori said...

Do you have a bible reference for that? Because I don't think it God's creation. I feel it's a tool of Satan - used to corrupt mankind. An instrument of destruction, as you will.

Judi Hahn said...

I think you know your Bible well enough to know that God created the plants on Day something or other, and he said it was good. And I believe you know that Satan has no ability to create anything. He only has the power, if you will, to corrupt peoples minds and hearts, NOT vegetables. I think that's scriptural. But I didn't go to Bible college like you did, I only listened to my father for 23 years before I left home, then the three or four times a year after that until he died.

My father liked broccoli A LOT so it must have been a good thing, as Martha Stewart would put it.

Sorry to be so snippy tonight. I hurt like crazy after spending 6 hours at a scrapbooking get together where we were given a prize for every page we completed and I wanted all the prizes. I finally sagged out after 6 hours. It was fun though, but I'm paying for it now.

You can have your belief about broccoli and I'll have mine. I don't either one of our beliefs is going to keep us out of heaven, which will be abundant with the succulent vegatable. You can go around the broccoli field when you get there, or just stay on those gold streets in order to avoid it.

What will you do if it's served at the marriage supper of the lamb? I have a feeling that all of God's created fruits and vegetables will be on that table, including, unfortuntately ocre, rudebegas, parsnips, and other root veggies I can't stand.

Love to you and yours my dear niece. Come visit me sometime, okay? I promise I won't give you broccoli or even mention it.

Lori said...

Sorry you're having pain again. :-( I can't imagine dealing with that day after day. Are the patches not helping anymore?

And, yes, I'll be staying on the streets of gold and not in these so-called broccoli fields of which you speak. I think if they exist, they will be a bit south of heaven and not up there, if you see what I'm saying. ;-)

By the way, appreciated your entry about how your addiction started. Looks like you were a recovering addict for quite a long time, but fell off the wagon. Maybe you need to get in recovery again.