Em's shower was a ton of fun!!! We had about 23 people there including Em and she had a few people who couldn't come, drop off presents for her. I decorated it in all pink with chocolate brown and we had a pie bar. Yum! Jeff's mom, grandma, and aunt brought 3 pies, my mom brought 3 pies and Fri night I spent an hour at the church quickly making my 3 pies. :-) The theme was a "Time-of-Day" shower. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's when each person invited is assigned a time of the day to buy their present for. So, if someone got 12am slot, they would maybe buy her a nightgown, since she'll be sleeping at that time. If someone had a 8am slot, they might get her towels, since she might take a shower at that time. Ya know, something like that. It gives her a nice variety of things. :-) We had 3 games that we played first. The first one the guests had to look at a board of pictures I had made of Jeff and Em when they were little and guess their ages. They did this while they were eating. We had a 3-way tie with 4 correct answers. Then we did a quick Skattergories game of wedding things and they had to match their answers to Em. I didn't give Em time to do it beforehand, so she was writing right along with them and came up with some crazy answers, which just added to the fun! We used the letter "E" for Em's name. That made it a little harder too. The person that one only had 2 answers match her! That's all it took! The last game was done while Em was opening her presents. They played BINGO. They filled out their cards with their own answers. They had to write down what they thought Em would open and if she opened it, they got to put a sticker there. Whoever got enough to make a BINGO won. We had a 2-way tie on that one. It was fun! Em got lots of great things too. She got skillets, towels, wine rack with bottles of wine, nighties, games, wall art, etc.. We all laughed and had so much fun! I had a scrapbook there for all the guests to sign and put their words of advice on. Then I got all the pictures developed that I took and put them in the book and filled the rest out and gave that to her as part of her gift from me as well. I think she had a good time and a couple of the guests told me how much fun they had, so I was pretty happy about that. Thankfully I had help with both Mom and Jeff's family - as well as my sis-in-law Cara who made up all the invites and assigned all the times for everyone. It was great!
* By the way, YES, that is a whip she is holding in that picture (wink, wink) ;-)
3 comments:
First, you and Em sure do look alike.
Second, how is that so. You look like your dad and Em looks just like your mom.
I don't get it.
Great pictures, though.
Pete said when he saw the pictures, "Boy, you can definitely tell you're sisters". I said, "Well, Em dyed her hair the same color as mine, so that's probably why.". He then said, "She didn't dye it grey....". Such a smart a**! Anyway, even though I look like dad and Em looks like mom, we have enough of the other parent to look alike, I guess. :-) By the way, I made sure I took pictures of my parents this time, since I failed to do that when they visited earlier this month. I did that just for you. :-)
Hey, you didn't tell me you had a twin sister! ;)
Post a Comment