Friday started off as fairly busy. I had a lot of errands to run that morning. We had spent the night at the Trolingers. Sue had altered my dress for me, so I needed to pick that up first of all. I don't know if you all know this, but I am a bit on the "short" side, I should say, so she took a few inches off my dress and it looked perfect! I was so happy! Thanks Sue! Anyway, I did my errands and we headed up to Goshen around lunchtime. On my way up, I got a phone call from my best friend Michelle to tell me she had had her little boy! I was so excited! What a weekend! First I find out my best friend in the world has given birth after all these long months of waiting and I was on my way up to celebrate my sister's wedding. So fun! Congrats to Michelle and Ricardo on the birth of baby Alexander. :-)
So, as soon as we got to Goshen, I headed out to the reception hall to decorate with Em and Cara. Stopping at mom and dad's house only long enough to pick them up and hug my nephews. :-) We were there for a while doing that. It looked so nice, but we decided it was missing some finishing touches, so Cara and I decided we would go to the store later that evening and pick up the things we needed to make it look complete. When we got back, it was about time for the rehearsal. The rehearsal was a bit crazy. The kids had basically an empty church to run in and run they did! They were goofy and silly and while we were up at the front practicing with John (the pastor), I could see Olivia running down the aisles and at one point I saw her climb over a pew and fall on the other side of it. Then all I saw was her head peeking out over the top to make sure Pete wasn't on his way to catch her. I was cracking up the whole time. They were so ornery!! Of course, in all that orneriness I started getting panicky, wondering how they would do the actual day of the wedding, but all went well. Guess they had to get out all their energy during the practice, so they would behave themselves during the ceremony. ;-) We went downstairs to the fellowship hall afterwards and had a wonderful dinner. Jeff's mom had a friend cater to us that night. It was so delicious and nice not to have to load up the kids and drive some where. When they got restless, Pete and Micah were able to take them back to the house, while we stayed and finished up. Cara and I ran out to the store to get those last minute things, then headed over to Em's personal shower. Her personal shower deserves a blog entry of it's own. Suffice to say, it was freakin' hilarious. The funniest personal shower I've ever been to!! We got home from that about 9-10pm and worked on more wedding stuff until about 2am. It was a very busy day, but again, so fun. It was fun hanging out with Em and Cara and seeing Micah and the boys again. Noah was in heaven playing with my nephews. They wrestled and played outside. They ate sand and ran around the house. He loved every minute of it! It's so funny. We see them once a year if we're lucky, but it's like we just immediantely feel at home with each other and the kids play like they've been best friends all their lives. They just love each other and it's so great for us as parents to see that. It was a great start to our weekend together.
No comments:
Post a Comment