A couple weeks ago I was driving through Marseilles and found that someone put a cow in their front yard and had spray-painted the word "Obama" on the side. "What in the world?" I said to myself as I drove by, turning my head to get a longer look. It had me baffled. Is it supposed to be ironic some how? Now, we do live in a town where the bars outnumber any other business in town, so it could be that two guys got a little too liquored up one night, found a cow that they had saved for a rainy day and decided to make some fun statement about their political views by painting the word "Obama" on the side. But, honestly, if they were that liquored up, they probably wouldn't have been able to find the cow, let alone write on it intelligibly. And, who just happens to have a giant pink cow laying around the house anyway? So, I wonder, what is this supposed to mean? Neither Pete or I can figure it out, so I decided today to take a picture and post it here to get your comments on it. With the election only a few days away, I thought it might be an appropriate time to ask - what does Barrack Obama have to do with a pink cow?!
3 comments:
Except that it's obviously a pink cow, maybe they are making an expression that Obama is a bunch of bull?
Yeah, what do you think the "pink" cow is all about? Maybe that's all they had sitting around. Maybe all the green cows or red cows were unavailable. Who knows? But, good thought! Maybe that's what it means. Didn't think of that one.
You have to know that even Alan can't think of why the pink cow. In Little Rock there is an ice cream parlor called the purple cow, but they only sell purple cows. A pink cow COULD symbolize that it's a homosexual (they like pink) and they're saying that they're queer guys for Obama. Is that cruel? I don't know your neighbors, so I don't want to make fun of them. I still think that Obama is a bunch of bull is the right answer.
And here's another conundrum -- do pink cows give pink, strawberry flavored milk? Something to think about.
Post a Comment