Livie and I were at the store today looking for a birthday present for my niece, when we came across these little crown/bow things on a clearance shelf. They were so cute that I had to get them. When we picked Madie up from school, I showed them to her and she and Livie put them on. They just loved them! :-) So, for the past hour or so, they've been playing "princess". Poor Noah was a little disappointed that I couldn't find a "king" headband, but he got over it quickly and started playing something more to his liking.
Now, Halloween is right around the corner and I know what Madie and Noah are going to be, but Olivia is a different story. Not sure what she's dressing up like yet. In the past, I'd just buy any costume that was cute. But, after passing by 7 halloweens now, I know that when shopping for costumes, I need to keep in mind the weather. Nearly all of the trick-or-treating we've done has been done in temperatures colder than 40 degrees and at night, that's pretty darn cold. So, I always shop for WARM costumes or at least something that can be worn with lots of layers underneath. Madie's going to be a princess, so the crown I got will work perfectly with that. And, now that Livie has a crown too, I may just have to look for a princess costume for her as well. Why is it though that most princess costumes, or costumes for little girls in general, are all the short, pixie/fairy things that have no sleeves and super-short tutus? I could get that, but once you put a couple layers of long-underwear underneath, they just aren't quite as cute! So, I will continue my costume shopping until I find something that she'll like and that's warm. Even if I can't get something that will work with her crown, I know she'll still enjoy dressing up with it. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment