The mysterious animal is up two points to nothing. Pete moved the trap to the other hole and wouldn't you know it, but it dug its way out the other side again! So, to keep score, we put the trap by the original hole and it dug its way out the other side of the patio. So, then Pete moved the cage to the other hole that it dug and just now we look out and its dug its way out of the original hole again! Pete is ready to sit outside all night and, I quote, "blast the thing!". It's all out war on this sneaky little guy. I told Pete since it outsmarted us once again, that it deserved another night of freedom. Tomorrow, he can rig it all up again and see if we can catch him then. But, now after 3 days of bypassing our traps, I'm beginning to wonder if this is really just some ordinary forest animal. Maybe it's some ghostly, mythological creature, never before seen by the human eye. MAYBE, it's some new species that happened upon Marseilles, IL and then happened to find a really prime piece of dirt by our house and decided to burrow under our patio. I mean a skunk made a pretty nice home in there at one time. Maybe it's already stocked up with food and beer or something - imagining, of course, that this new species likes beer and would want a supply of it readily available. Maybe it's more of a wine officianato......? Anyway, I digress. I was thinking, "What can we call this new, unknown creature". I want our name memorilized somehow, so maybe the trollbit? The trollhog? The trollpher? groundinger? Any suggestions anyone? If we ever do catch this phantom under our patio, I'm sure that the discovery will make news nationwide. It's not every day that a new beer-loving, patio-digging, alien-like mammal is found. At least not in our small town.
**By the way, I tried to take a picture, but I didn't want to go outside with the crazy two-headed alien creature out on the loose, so I tried taking one from inside, but it just kept taking pictures of the screen. Sorry. But, honestly, the hole is basically the same as the picture of the hole I took before. So, if you're needing proof or questioning what the hole looks like, just look at my previous posts. It's not changed all that much.
1 comment:
THought I'd try again to post my comments. I think you should call it a trollunk. Because most definitely it is a skunk. And, you should be stocking up on tomato juice, just in case....
Post a Comment