I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with posts today. We've just done so many fun things these past 5 days (well, I wouldn't call the skunk problems FUN, but you know what I mean). Tonight we finally got around to carving our pumpkins. We got our pumpkins at the Pumpkin Patch back at the beginning of the month and when we went to retrieve our pumpkins from off our slab of a porch, we discovered that one of our pumpkins didn't make it. The whole bottom had rotted out. Pretty gross. In fact, when I showed the kids, Madie said, "Ugh. Don't show me that again or I'm going to totally puke!". haha That, of course, made me want to show her again, but I refrained. ;-) Anyway, our giant pumpkin was still in tact, so we went to work on it. Pete cut it open and had the kids help him gut it. I thought Livie might be grossed out, but she wasn't at all. She went right to town, pulling out anything she could. Noah was more interested in picking out all the seeds. And, Madie helped Livie take out the guts. She even got the ice cream scoop out to get it really clean. I sat and watched and took pictures until they were done, then it was my turn. I got to carve his face. Fun! The kids originally wanted 3 eyes. Noah really wanted it to be spooky, but they finally agreed to just stick to 2 eyes. They picked the triangle nose and then debated for quite a while on how many teeth it needed and in what places the teeth were supposed to go. After the decision was made and it was all carved out, they were happy with the results and we took it outside and put a candle inside to light it up. This is the first year I can remember when we've all been home together to carve. They have a halloween carving thing at their preschool where the dads take the kids and the moms stay home. So, the past 3 years, Pete has taken either Madie or Noah to the carving thing. Well, since neither one is in preschool this year, we all got to be together to carve the pumpkins.....er, I guess I should say pumpkin. We tried to carve the rotten one, but it just got gross. And, I didn't want to push the puking limits too far with the kids, since Madie already threatened upon first glance. Anyway, here is our finished product. Hopefully he'll make it until Fri night to scare all our trick-or-treaters. :-) Oh, and if your wondering why Madie and Noah are shirtless, it's because they didn't want "guts" on their clothes. Livie didn't seem to mind that. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment