Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Craziness

















To say that today was busy would be an understatement. Sitting here, typing this entry, is literally the first time I've sat down all day. Oh my lawn! We started the morning, getting Madie and Noah ready for school, which meant showers, homework in their folders, costumes in their backpacks, and medicine administered (we're all sick with colds). Pete took them to school, because he was running a bit behind, so thank goodness for that. Once he took them, I got myself put together and Livie showered and ready to go, then we headed out the door. It is now like 8:30am. We ran to Walmart to get all the treats and prizes I was going to need for their school parties. I picked up a couple groceries and christmas presents as well. Then we headed to Farm and Fleet. Found another couple of Christmas presents, then went to the church. I had to make duplicate copies of our Halloween Bingo game, so both Noah's class and Madie's class could play. I also had to calligraphy a bapitismal certificate and head out to yet another store for a couple other things. Once that was all done, we headed back to our house. It is now noon. I made lunch and started packing the treat bags for school and getting the prize buckets ready. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh? ;-) Then at 1, we went to the school. I helped in Madie's class and Pete helped in Noah's. Livie stayed with me in Madie's room. I always thought that the older they got, that the quieter and less rowdy they became. I discovered today that I was wrong. Not just a little wrong....I'm talking REALLY wrong! haha Twenty-two 2nd graders, hopped up on sugar are FAR more loud and crazy that any group of kindergarteners could be. Wow! It was fun, but my head was pounding a bit when we left. But, leave we did and we went back to the house to unload all the stuff I had taken there in the first place. The house is a total disaster, but I'm too tired to clean it today. Noah was getting really irritable when we got home and after I went out for a quick trip to the grocery, I came home to find him asleep and not able to take his medicine. So, I tried waking him up. It was after 5 by now and trick-or-treating started at 6, so I was hoping he'd get up and have a bit of supper before he went. Well, that was a mistake, because he was BEYOND miserable when I finally got him around. He got himself so worked up that he ended up puking not once, but twice. Great. So, I had him lay down with Pete, while I took the girls out. I told him we'd share the candy with everyone. So, the girls and I went around the neighborhood. It's an absolutely GORGEOUS night. It's 63 and calm and seriously the nicest halloween night I can remember. Loved it! After about an hour, we headed back to the house to see if Noah was feeling better. He was and wanted to go to the last few houses with us. So, we got him dressed and all 5 of us headed out the door for another 30 min to finish up our trick-or-treating. We came home, checked out the candy, and now here I am posting. So, as you can see, I am so far beyond ready for bed at this point, it's crazy. But, I know myself. I know that even though I'm super, super tired, I'll get the kids in bed, snuggle up in my bed, and still stay up until 11 or so, because that's what I do. At least those 2 hours will be spend laying down and resting after this busy, crazy day. :-) Happy Halloween Everyone!!

No comments: